Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you prefer the design of 3GS or 4G?

• 3GS

Votes: 33 20.1%
  • 4G

Votes: 131 79.9%

• Total voters

LoganT

macrumors 68020
Jan 9, 2007
I'm just going to save, I love it. I don't even mind the seam at the top, in a way it could be a design choice, something you would see from Braun. I think it looks sleek and thin, and built like a tank at the same time.

Kawininja619

macrumors member
Apr 5, 2010
Oregon
I liked the 3gs design at first. Now that i can see them side by side i prefer the 4g simply because its thinner and has a flat bottom.

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Sep 21, 2008
If the "new" design is actually Apple's, then I will love it more! I don't want to get my hopes up though in case it might be "fake".

Love the look and the feel of it is going to be sick! :eek:

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
I prefer the new design over the current mostly because the chrome is gone and the plastic surrounding the openings that caused so many cracking problems has been shifted to aluminum. That's going to eliminate a lot of comlaining.

Anybody else notice that the speaker/mic openings on the bottom are a bit larger? Improved speakerphone performance would be nice.

angemon89

macrumors 68000
Feb 5, 2008
Northern CA
H A T E. It looks like something Nokia/Samsung would make for their low-cost phone market. When I think of iPhone, I think sleek, and this design does not say sleek to me at all.
I take this back. After seeing the video and high quality pictures I DO think the phone looks sleek. Just remove the seams and the phone will look really sexy.

hahah, I know, complete 180 after seeing the gizmodo unveiling.

SPNarwhal

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 22, 2009
illinois
wow, so the mod edited my poll to be straight out 3gs or 4g?

that was not my poll question, though.
i asked if you guys liked it in general, not compared to the 3gs. why not compare it to all the iphones then?

if they think this pole made no sense, then why did they put up pretty much the same exact poll on the front page after i made mine?

trajen

macrumors 6502a
Oct 2, 2008
I think it looks alright. I'm concerned about the back though. I hope they can make the back look "metal" and still have good cell/wifi reception. I don't think I could own a cell phone made of 2 big pieces of glass.

Let's Sekuhara!

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2008
日本
I don't care how it looks, I'm just happy it has a user-facing camera!!!
This is HUGE! I can finally do video Skype! :D

This means that after years of resisting, I will actually buy an iPhone!
...and sign away my soul into a new 2-year contract with AT&T.

Seriously, the design is pretty cool...
Not that it matters, since the device will spend most of its time inside a pocket or covered by some granny's rubber waffle-case.

Now let's just hope Apple doesn't screw the pooch and scrap the design as a knee-jerk reaction to the leak.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.