Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AnthonyHarris

Cancelled
Jun 4, 2009
Cambridge, England
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Muad'Dib said:
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

This isn't news, but in iOS 5 the volume up button is remapped for taking pictures in the camera app.

For that one reason alone, I don't believe this image is legitimate or has any credibility what so ever.

How does that story negate this image?

Think about it!

AnthonyHarris

Cancelled
Jun 4, 2009
Cambridge, England

Well. Ok. The buttons being that side would be awkward to use as a shoot button for right handed people for a start. Plus I think it's why the bigger "iPhone 5" cases show the mute switch on the right, so the volume buttons can be top left making it easier to use. Why would they make software additions and then make it impossible to use by moving the buttons.

Stupid idea. So I call fake.

CiccioAtSea

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2010
Principality of Monaco

won't people see a iPhone 4S as the first failure of Tim Cook? i can already see the bashing magazine headlines "apple on the downfall?" etc

Please... Steve "left" (changed position) just few weeks ago... it does not take 1 month to prepare a new phone, whathever will come out of the hat will be something already approved MONTHS ago, IMO...

ct2k7

macrumors G3
Aug 29, 2008
London
Please... Steve "left" (changed position) just few weeks ago... it does not take 1 month to prepare a new phone, whathever will come out of the hat will be something already approved MONTHS ago, IMO...

The transition would have taken more than 3 months.

kingpin86

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2011
hahahaha

If you walk into ANY apple store, you will see the shelves littered with these cases with the bigger hole.

I'm betting since no one has said anything about these "4S" cases since this one mysterious otterbox, I'm betting these are totally fake.

If this was true, would there have been more and more stories about these cases popping up?

The bigger hole means nothing, it's because the original cases affected the flash, so they had to change the case design.

EddyP

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2010

"TUAW contacted Kelly Richardson of Otterbox regarding the banner and the leaked case images, to which she explained that the images were of prototype packaging, but that the cases contained within were not for the iPhone 4S. It’s still unclear as to how those images leaked though."

Makes perfect sense. That's why it was JUST A FREAKING BOX! No actual case.

But it upped the hit counts for the rumor bloggers/tweeters. :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.