Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PracticalMac

macrumors 68030
Jan 22, 2009
Houston, TX
An iPhone 4 or 4S, yes. A 3GS, I don't think so.

Very wrong!

I got new 3GS for my parents this Christmas!

First: they been using iPad 2 for 8 months.
Second: they are minimal cell phone user.

3GS fits the bill for a $0 smart phone they will know and can use but will not miss higher end features.

AppleScruff1

macrumors G4
Feb 10, 2011
Very wrong!

I got new 3GS for my parents this Christmas!

First: they been using iPad 2 for 8 months.
Second: they are minimal cell phone user.

3GS fits the bill for a $0 smart phone they will know and can use but will not miss higher end features.

I simply stated that there are more modern phones available than the 3GS.

iSayuSay

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2011
nielsen_4q11_recent_smartphone_acquirers.jpg

Die RIM, just die! Die, die, die, die .....!!

Whoops .. Sorry. Too much spirit, wasn't I?
Maybe because I just saw the thin red line :eek:

kdarling

macrumors P6
Hold on just a minute, the discussion about India is off-topic.

It's now a big topic in the main news section :)

Subsidized phones do not sell in India because people switch from one carrier to another on a regular basis, and more importantly, the market is geared toward buying unlocked phones. Additionally, it is a cash society since credit is very difficult to get.

Right, and that's why we're not talking about subsidized phones, or at least, I'm not.

The discussion was about whether having a wider range of phone models is useful. My contention is that low end, low priced models are needed in much of the world if you want lots of sales. I don't think this can be debated.

The response from some is that Apple is making massive profits and therefore has no need to make a range of models. This is true as well, but it also only applies to Apple because they currently address far less of the world market.

In other words, the range of models depends on how many markets the maker wishes to address. With/without keyboards. Screen sizes. Features. Price.

Cheers!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.