iPhone 4s home button delay.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by llustig, Oct 15, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

Hey all,

Do you guys have a delay with hitting the home button to power on screen compared to using the power button on top? There seems to be a noticeable delay using the home button. Hope it's not just me.

2. macrumors newbie

I'm not having any delay at all.

3. macrumors 68020

Nope

4. macrumors 6502a

Nope..

It's the same for both power button or the home button and they're both very quick in powering on the screen. You may have a defective unit, unfortunately!

5. macrumors 6502a

Check if your have Triple-click Home turned on under Accessibility settings.

6. thread starter macrumors newbie

Tested two iPhone 4s. Same delay on home bottom. It's not enough to complain, just something I noticed.

7. thread starter macrumors newbie

You are the savior.

8. macrumors newbie

ANSWERED: ANY DELAY YOU NOTICE ON HOME BUTTON IS CAUSED BY ENABLING THE 3 CLICK VOICE OVER ON/OFF!!

thank you sooo much!! i was about to return my iPhone 4S, i wonder if this happens to iPhone 4 users as well... hmm, i didn't notice it till now

i had it on so that i could have siri read stuff it brings up on occasion... try it!@

not worth the delay on the home button though... no matter where u are

9. macrumors member

Wow, worked on my 4S! Thanks for the suggestion buddy! Tried to find out the cause of the delay for almost an hour until I stumbled upon the old MR forums on Google search.

10. macrumors 601

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

No delay on mine....