Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

llustig

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 13, 2010
Hey all,

Do you guys have a delay with hitting the home button to power on screen compared to using the power button on top? There seems to be a noticeable delay using the home button. Hope it's not just me.

megapopular

macrumors 6502a
Aug 21, 2007
Nope..

It's the same for both power button or the home button and they're both very quick in powering on the screen. You may have a defective unit, unfortunately!

ctbear

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2010
Check if your have Triple-click Home turned on under Accessibility settings.

llustig

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 13, 2010
Tested two iPhone 4s. Same delay on home bottom. It's not enough to complain, just something I noticed.

iDeving

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2010
You are the savior.

ANSWERED: ANY DELAY YOU NOTICE ON HOME BUTTON IS CAUSED BY ENABLING THE 3 CLICK VOICE OVER ON/OFF!!

thank you sooo much!! i was about to return my iPhone 4S, i wonder if this happens to iPhone 4 users as well... hmm, i didn't notice it till now

i had it on so that i could have siri read stuff it brings up on occasion... try it!@

not worth the delay on the home button though... no matter where u are

colbertnation

macrumors regular
Nov 20, 2009
Check if your have Triple-click Home turned on under Accessibility settings.

Wow, worked on my 4S! Thanks for the suggestion buddy! Tried to find out the cause of the delay for almost an hour until I stumbled upon the old MR forums on Google search.

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

No delay on mine....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.