Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

unce

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2006
I agree with your assessment that the iOS has not changed very much - but you have to realize, why change what is currently working? the 4S is selling like crazy still and everyone is loving it. Apple is not stupid - they are doing well for a reason, and I'm sure they have already strategized what the next steps are once the current iOS becomes 'stale' and has to make some major changes.

meow.

ijohnbro

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2010

Attachments

• cryingboy2.gif
    cryingboy2.gif
    45.9 KB · Views: 414

rockyroad55

macrumors 601
Jul 14, 2010
Phila, PA
I agree with your assessment that the iOS has not changed very much - but you have to realize, why change what is currently working? the 4S is selling like crazy still and everyone is loving it. Apple is not stupid - they are doing well for a reason, and I'm sure they have already strategized what the next steps are once the current iOS becomes 'stale' and has to make some major changes.

meow.

I think it's getting to that point now. How much more can they change after Notifications and maybe more gestures?

TonyC28

macrumors 68030
Aug 15, 2009
USA
I'm not sure if it's just my perception or if this forum has recently become inundated with android people coming here to troll/gripe and middle school boys (like himynameiscody). God, people, if you don't like Apple stuff, sell it and shut up. Trust me, nobody will care if you don't come back.

Macrumors is depressing recently. :mad:

And, by the way, in before "don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out." I know. If I don't like it I can leave too, and nobody will care. I'm just missing the old macrumors and unhappy with how things are going here recently.

I also find it depressing. But not in the same way that you do. The OP posted an opinion. Am I the only iPhone user who is consciously aware that other human beings are entitled to opinions? He didn't just say "Long live Android, iPhones suck!" He explained what he likes and dislikes about both platforms. Quite frankly, I agree with some of what he says about iOS appearing the same since the beginning. Yes, I am aware that it has been improved vastly, but at first glance it looks the same. I'm sure there are some things that Android does better and there are certainly some things that iOS does better. I used to read through these boards and think the people who called Apple fans stuck up were just being idiots. But after reading through this stuff it's pretty easy to see how people can come to that conclusion.

Not sure how to quote twice, but Unce is right on. Apple knows what they are doing. Although some of us might get bored they are probably several steps ahead and somewhere on someone's computer at Apple they already have the iPhone 8 designed.

Sparky9292

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2004
Jailbreak

Let me start off by

** snip large cool story bro rant**

It takes Apple years just to change or improve the simplest things. Most of the stock apps on the iPhone are identical or nearly identical to how they were back in 2007. It's ridiculous! Don't even get me started on how bad the YouTube and Maps apps are.

** snip large cool story bro rant**

That exactly why I jailbreak my iPhone! AppSync/BiteSMS/LockInfo/3GUnrestrictor/DefaultBrowser makes the $160 I pay for two phones bearable. If I couldn't jailbreak my iPhone then I'd just get the best Droid out there.

iPadJailbreak.JPG

StoneSoup

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2011
seems like everybody who has a white iphone wants a black, everyone with a black iphone wants a white. kinda similar. you get so used to one thing, you want a change. there's been articles saying that kids don't think iphones are so cool anymore because their dads have one as well. i think you should be happy to have a phone thats in a class of its own.

Oliverson

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2012
I own a 4s and a early 2011 Mbp, people say why pay so much for something so little, well the answer is simple if your a developer of any kind then macs and iPhones are the bomb, technically they are overpriced but crafted and thought of beautifully the os on both models have never failed me, at work I'm an IT technician let me tell you the amount of problems we have with windows computers and mobiles as well as blackberrys is appalling, we have had macs for 2 years only one out of 57 roughly has ever had a problem due to hard drive dying out, remember its not what you got its what you do with it and for me I make music, videos, graphics all sorts it does it very well, maybe your looking for something that will entertain you well any phone will eventually bore you that's why we buy new ones why dont you get a hobby or something look for a app that lets you create you won't be bored then

You are right about NFC though if that's not in by 2 years apple will face major problems, but then Palme television is coming whole new ball game

Maybe your next device might teach you some grammar and punctuation?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.