Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

laserbeam273

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2010
Australia
You know what's annoying? Anticipating this, having the cash, but waiting for online brokerage to be set up... . I would have definitely bought right after Steve's death had I had the broker set up.

LondonCentral

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2010
It might take 3-4 years, but yeah, AAPL should get there. AAPL has outperformed the Nasdaq-100 and S&P 500 for many years, no plausible reason to believe it can't continue its typical growth.

Remember, just a little over a year ago (August 2010), these shares were about $240, 245 or so.

Hmm. What's interesting is Apple's share of the smart phone market right now. There's so much potential for growth. Perhaps I should buck up my ideas and spend 2012 buying AAPL shares with every spare penny I have.:apple:

SactoGuy18

macrumors 601
Sep 11, 2006
Sacramento, CA USA
I do think that we will see an all-new form factor for the iPhone in 2012 because Apple will go likely to the 4" screen size and include both LTE and NFC, since by the middle of 2012 both Broadcom and Qualcomm will roll out a new generation of very power-efficient cellphone chipsets that support GSM, CDMA and LTE all at the same time, along with NFC that is compatible with the Sony FeliCa standard. A likely preview of what's in store in terms of internal hardware will come when the next-generation iPad is unveiled in February 2012.

I still think Apple needs to seriously look at a stock split--the current stock price is way too high. I wouldn't be surprised we see a 3-to-1 split announced within the next six months or so.

Nungster

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2011
How is Sprint having record sales in iPhone when this is the first time ever they're selling the iPhone. I'm just going based on how this article is worded.

Can't have record iPhone sales if you don't have iPhone figures from a previous sale. Just sayin.

Wrong! Any number set when you don't have one is still a record. Although, truth be told, Sprint saw a record in sales for any single phone they've ever sold.

sconnor99

macrumors regular
Dec 14, 2005
Just shows what a great job Steve did, I'm sure no one would have imagined that his loss would have no impact on Apple shares.

jordanjclay

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2011
# Corrections

I'm pretty sure Apple will be releasing the 3rd Quarter Results. It would be nice to know the financial condition of 3 months from now, but I doubt it will happen.

rdlink

macrumors 68040
Nov 10, 2007
Out of the Reach of the FBI
Totally!!!!! In this case only the consumer lost. Woooohooo

Yeah. Stupid consumers. They never know what they want. They never think about what they're spending their money on. After all, they don't have to live with their choice. It's not them that are going to have this thing in their pockets for the next 2 years. They are obviously too stupid to make their own choice about what they buy. <end sarcasm>

Fact is, there is a real, legitimate reason why the iPhone 4 has been the best selling phone in the US for the last year, followed in second place by the iPhone 3GS.

I'll ask you the same question I ask all of my fandroid friends: What do you do on your Android phone that I can't do on my iPhone? Not what you "can" do. But what you actually do?

And don't give me the tired old Flash argument, because, regardless of Jobs' position on the issue, I don't want Flash on my phone. It sucks. Plain and simple.

Remember, this comes from someone who has owned 4, count 'em, 4 Android devices. They were all gone within 3 months or less. They're a kludgy, ugly mess.

I also work daily with Adobe products. The only thing clunkier than Adobe's programming is their support.

If you and all your fandroid friends want to disassemble and reassemble your car on your garage floor every night, go right ahead. Personally, I'd rather drive mine.

SeattleMoose

macrumors 68000
Jul 17, 2009
Der Wald
I Was So Wrong About The iPhone 4S

I was one of the bashers of the 10/4 keynote....

1) I said Tim Cook looked boring and wooden...little did I know that Steve would pass away the next day....but Tim knew and the overall energy of the event reflected the impending doom.

2) I said the iPhone 4S was just 4 with tweaks...didn't really give merit to SIRI which IS REVOLUTIONARY

3) Whine whine whine.....etc etc etc.

This morning I am enjoying "baked crow".....:eek:

w481

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2008
i have 300 shares bought in 2005 just before the split. i think i paid around $30 a share.

tony: you are an idiot and by the amount of posts you have made, i guess you have no life.

i have two iphone4 (AT&T and orange france) and will be buying a unlocked 4S to use in both countries.

as a shareholder i give myself my own personal dividend by buying whatever apple products i desire. right now i have:
macbook air
apple tv
iphone
cinema display
ipad 2

i can't predict what the share price will be in the future, but i am hanging onto my shares.

cvaldes

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2006
somewhere else
I'm pretty sure Apple will be releasing the 3rd Quarter Results. It would be nice to know the financial condition of 3 months from now, but I doubt it will happen.
What are you talking about?

Apple always gives guidance on their upcoming quarter. (Their numbers are notoriously conservative.)

This isn't unique to Apple. Pretty much all publicly traded companies that trade on the big exchanges give guidance.

Have you ever read a single earnings conference call summary from any Fortune 500 company?

jca24

macrumors 6502a
Jul 28, 2010
DFW
I do think that we will see an all-new form factor for the iPhone in 2012 because Apple will go likely to the 4" screen size and include both LTE and NFC, since by the middle of 2012 both Broadcom and Qualcomm will roll out a new generation of very power-efficient cellphone chipsets that support GSM, CDMA and LTE all at the same time, along with NFC that is compatible with the Sony FeliCa standard. A likely preview of what's in store in terms of internal hardware will come when the next-generation iPad is unveiled in February 2012.

I still think Apple needs to seriously look at a stock split--the current stock price is way too high. I wouldn't be surprised we see a 3-to-1 split announced within the next six months or so.

no way would there be a 3 for 1 split, maybe 2 for 1, but I highly doubt it any time soon.

:apple:

bniu

macrumors 65816
Mar 21, 2010
we all know that the haters are all secretly jealous and can't get over how a spec superior android phone keeps getting it's butt kicked by iPhone.

most of them are still stuck in the mindset that a device is either high performing and ugly or pretty but low performing.

chris200x9

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2006
android is fine for those who like windows want cheap equipment raped up in a plastic box of poop.

Oh man I laughed so hard! Android's climbin' in yo' window snatchin your mobles up tryin' to rape 'em, so y'all better hide yo' blackberry, hide yo' winmobile, and hide yo' iphone cuz they rapin' errbody out here.

Fairchild

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2011
Been holding 1000 shares since 98, sold 800 on Friday for 421.51, put in a short order for 419.48.

brewser

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2006
Stock split, please. 1:4 :D

Why does it need to split? No stock needs to split. A percentage is still a percentage.
I think what your really asking is to make the stock cheaper but it really doesn't matter

----------

3-1 split. You, my friend, are in denial. It won't happen. Why should it?

----------

My advice is to buy now. It doesn't matter if the stocks splits or not it's about the return percentage of your investment. The people asking for a stock spit don't obviously know the stock market.

macbook pro i5

macrumors 65816
May 13, 2011
New Zealand
Oh man I laughed so hard! Android's climbin' in yo' window snatchin your mobles up tryin' to rape 'em, so y'all better hide yo' blackberry, hide yo' winmobile, and hide yo' iphone cuz they rapin' errbody out here.

Notice how he said trying,also you may want to go to school your grammars a little of.....

Cinematographer

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2005
far away
From Oct 15, 2011:

Apple's stock price closed at its highest price ever today, closing at $422.00 as Sprint and AT&T announced record iPhone Sales.

In 3-6 months after this hub-bub has died down, Apple will not be able to compete in the Smartphone market with an already dated iPhone 4s. The hype has inflated the stock. It's at it's peak. Sell now!!

Tony

wrong, in 6 months it will be at $500

:apple: all the way

:apple:

I'll take that bet. Mark my response to this thread and let's see where they close at on April 14, 2012.

Tony

bet ya $5000 dude

Now we know that even the optimists weren't optimistic enough for reality.

Tones2 and jca24: give us some information how you settled this!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.