iPhone 4S on Straight Talk or Boost Mobile?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iPhoneP33, Dec 31, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

Hello. I am going to buy a factory unlocked iPhone 4S very soon and I was wondering which prepaid carrier would be a better choice for me. I have read up on both of them, but I believe that going with Straight Talk would involve me having to carefully use my data. I believe I read somewhere that you can't watch youtube videos or stream any content, so that kind of disappointed me. I live in Miami, so I don't know if Simple Mobile has 3G in my area. What exactly would be the pros and cons of each carrier?

2. macrumors 6502a

Opstech

I put a straight talk sim in my wife's 4s and she can stream music and watch you tube videos. I made sure to buy the AT&T strait talk sim. I saved 29 bucks a month switching to the 45 unlimited plan. It's an awesome deal. She gets HSPA + in our area.

3. macrumors 601

Isn't SIMPLE CDMA?

4. macrumors 65816

I live in Miami as well, I've been wanting to try Straight Talk for awhile. Just afraid, I think I'd do it if I knew someone and seen the phone in person working. I don't want to lose my unlimited data with AT&T.

I'm paying $150-$160/month for my iPhone's. I'd love to just pay $90/month and pocket the rest. How well does it work? Any issues? I travel so I need to make sure I have service.

5. macrumors 68040

AutoUnion39

StraightTalk. It uses AT&T's network

6. macrumors regular

Boost Mobile is incompatible with the iPhone, so you will be forced to use ST or similar.

7. macrumors 65816

Anyone try Good2Go mobile? Although it's pricey, it seems you can buy 500 mb or 1 GB allotments of data once you burn through the initial 1 gb of data.

8. macrumors regular

Copied from another thread I posted in:

Hope this helps!

Attached Files:

9. macrumors regular

I should also add that I am getting facetime over 3G with Net10

10. macrumors 68040

This is an easy choice. Boost Mobile uses sprints horrible 3G network while Straightalk uses AT&T.

11. macrumors regular