Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CareyPA

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 30, 2012
Hi everyone,

I shoot a lot of videos and I use my iphone 4s. Then after
I put it through Handbrake to make sure it's completely
optimized for the web (I have a couple online businesses.)

Anyway, I've been doing this since October 2011 with zero problems.

But suddenly, when I output my video from handbrake my video
is UPSIDE DOWN!!!

I have no idea why and I have no idea how to get it the right way.

It looks normal on my iphone, it looks normal on my computer (the raw footage) but then the outputted one from handbrake is upside down.

Can anyone help me? Thanks!

Carey

ahmedfathy01110

macrumors newbie
May 31, 2012
You can rotate the video using iMovie. You have activate the crop mode and in the preview pane, click on one of the rotate indicators.

valexa

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2007
That happens if you shot the video (in landscape) with the device rotated as such that the camera is on the bottom.

Shooting with the device rotated as such the camera is on top does not exhibit this problem.

You can open the movie in Quicktime Player and export it which re-encodes it properly rotated, (it reads the metadata from the file that says the move was recorded with the camera flipped)

ozbloke36

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2017
That happens if you shot the video (in landscape) with the device rotated as such that the camera is on the bottom.

Shooting with the device rotated as such the camera is on top does not exhibit this problem.

You can open the movie in Quicktime Player and export it which re-encodes it properly rotated, (it reads the metadata from the file that says the move was recorded with the camera flipped)

Sorry that is just not true. I shoot the video normal (not in landscape) and it still does it. It is really pissing me off. This is with Android for me.

Also I play it with the same player prior to converting / compressing, it's fine, on the phone and on PC, then after conversion it's flipped on it's side....

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Sorry that is just not true. I shoot the video normal (not in landscape) and it still does it. It is really pissing me off. This is with Android for me.

Also I play it with the same player prior to converting / compressing, it's fine, on the phone and on PC, then after conversion it's flipped on it's side....
Seems like that would be different that what was/would be involved when it comes to iPhone and iOS as discussed here (and years ago at this point).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.