Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rcb3filmdevil

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 30, 2012
Iphone not charging (Appreciate any help)
I would appreciate any help I might get.

I got an iPhone 4S one month ago, last night I plugged it in to charge like indo every night and this morning when went to unplug it,it was hot (it was not warm it was very hot). So Unplugged it and let it sit for about an hour but it still remained hot so after another 30 min i tried to turn it on and nothing happened so did a factory reset and it turned on but after about 30 sec the screened turned red. I pressed the power button and it would go white then back to red. After a few min i did a reset again to turn the phone off (it was still hot at this time). Thebphone turned off and won't turn back on or take a charge.

If anyone might know what is going in I would be very grateful for your assistance.

Oh... And i have never dropped the phone or got it wet.

Mystic Eddy

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2008
Staffordshire, UK
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Might be the phone has a faulty battery, and has possibly cooked itself. Take it to the Genius Bar and get it swapped :).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.