Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spyd4r

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2006
I'm shocked to see that many people actually believe the numbers that are thrown out by companies regarding battery life on this type of device.

it's not about believing numbers given by companies, but expecting a phone to last more than 4 hours on a charge.. this is pathetic.

I'm no troll, I've been discussing this on the apple discussion forums since launch!

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4329696?start=0&tstart=0
88947 Views 1,265 Replies

----------

Turn off what ever is using your location and that should help.

then whats the point of the smart phone?

kearneypd

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2012
How to fix battery losing power too fast on iphone 5

I was getting 4-5 hours at max on my IPHONE 5 doing nothing.
I read a lot of different things about how to fix it, and tried several of them. Nothing worked. SOLUTION; You need to reset your IPHONE and not restore from backups. Got to settings, general, reset and "Erase all content and Settings". SETUP As new phone. Then set up your icloud, and let it all sync. Reset your email. Plug into computer for Itunes. Between icloud and itunes, I got all my apps and tunes. Somehow, even pictures I took on the phone recently, but not my other photos that I downloaded from IPhoto; I'll need to do that again. Very very happy now with the life of my battery.

Damolee

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
I was getting 4-5 hours at max on my IPHONE 5 doing nothing.
I read a lot of different things about how to fix it, and tried several of them. Nothing worked. SOLUTION; You need to reset your IPHONE and not restore from backups. Got to settings, general, reset and "Erase all content and Settings". SETUP As new phone. Then set up your icloud, and let it all sync. Reset your email. Plug into computer for Itunes. Between icloud and itunes, I got all my apps and tunes. Somehow, even pictures I took on the phone recently, but not my other photos that I downloaded from IPhoto; I'll need to do that again. Very very happy now with the life of my battery.

"Doing nothing" is a very subjective term. Do you mean your phone would die in 5 hours of stand by?

I'm just trying to work out why my phones battery life has gotten worse lately. I'd be lucky to hit 5 hrs usage over the course of a day. (Sketchy 2G signal at work, almost full 3G for journey home)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.