Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bobright

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
I am handing over my phone to my sister but want to get her a case. Any "girly" type cases out there you girls wanna share that you might own? Or men who have purchased something for their girl?

Thanks

andyw715

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2013
How old is she?

Most of the "girls" I see that have iPhones have the 5c with those apple cases.

Those with 5s/5 have clear ones....at least that's what the small sample have here at work.

bobright

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
I ended up getting her a purple Incipio Frequency. Thanks for the suggestions guys Speck and other looks nice if she likes anything else I'll probably get her 1 more.

mofunk

macrumors 68020
Aug 26, 2009
Americas
Get the Spigen Ultra Hybrid crystal clear. I know a lot of women (girls lol) like to show off their case. Or Belkin Grip candy.

thelookingglass

macrumors 68020
Apr 27, 2005
If you want girlie, go to one of your local malls and find the Cellairis booth. I swear every single one of their cases is girlie. :)

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
iPhone 5 case suggestion for a girl?
Consider the specific person versus just the person's gender. All females don't have identical preferences. My wife has a zebra case and I really haven't seen any other female with the same case (not that what I've seen is statistically significant or anything). Provide some details on what she prefers. We don't know her at all and our suggestions would just be completely random without any knowledge of her preferences.

jnuuers

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2013
San Francisco
I suggest you go to pinterest, you surely can find many beautiful and cool stuff there.
I love those:
389855413def37779a16b15820ec4140.jpg

ead2b85504a9974b41e6c10301228fd6.jpg

anthonybmendel2

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2014
CA
I am handing over my phone to my sister but want to get her a case. Any "girly" type cases out there you girls wanna share that you might own? Or men who have purchased something for their girl?

Thanks

i saw some girl use otterbox (millitary color) on the plane the other day, which in my opinion, also a good option, depending on how the character i guess.

anthonybmendel2

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2014
CA

Thanks

i got this one from Labato, very slim and practical.

Attachments

• 2315.jpg
    2315.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 77
  • 2323.jpg
    2323.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 79
  • 2327.jpg
    2327.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 84

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Old post, but still relevant...

I just got a Incipio Feather in pink yesterday. Love it. I wasn't into it for the first few hours, but it has grown on me and works with my Thermodo.

I also recommend the SwitchEasy NUDE cases. I have one of those on my iPod Touch. Mine is the clear version, but they come in pretty colors too.

Yuck Otterboxes are far from girly.

Agree. If you want protection, a CandyShell is enough, they'll manage in a handbag anyway (my mom has one on hers). The PixelSkin HD is very good too. I actually gave mine to my dad after he went through two OtterBoxes that both broke on him. It has served him well for the last two years. Although it changed to a black version, from the original purple. :eek:

Dascoyne

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2013
Palo Alto, Ca
I got my wife something with paisley that she liked for a while until it started to crack. Until I could find a replacement I protected her phone with a black Magpul case... she ended up liking the Magpul a lot so she stayed with that.

I say just get a Magpul. They're affordable and they even come in orange and pink.

MAvery

macrumors member
Dec 6, 2012
You could make her a customizable iPhone case, I did that for my sister for her birthday last year. I used Shutterfly to make the iPhone case and I used a few photos of us to make a collage. She loved it so this might be something your sister might like, too.

meisonmorgan

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2014
get her a handmade one

hey! what do you think about our hand made cases?
you can also customize them as you wish as they are entirely handmade just for you or your sister!

check them at http://www.meisonmorgan.de we do worldwide shipping!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.