Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wgnoyes

macrumors 6502
Jul 20, 2011
Look, we all put our 3G's and 3Gs's into cases so the plastic back wouldn't get scruffed up. We didn't have to so much with the 4's because of the glass front/back. With the 5,..... so go get a case and put your phone in it, and get on with life. Things we use will show wear, that's just how it is. (Dinged/marred out of the box, on the other hand, is a whole different quality control topic!)

Webduo

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2012
Geesh...

Is she for real? Give me a break folks - how about this, don't give your kid your iPhone 5 and a set of car keys - and clearly don't take off your ring and roughly scrape the edge of the ring along the edge of your phone. Granted, I do like the glass, but seriously this video is ridiculous. If you're worried, get a clear case and move on.

spiderman0616

Suspended
Aug 1, 2010
Me too. If this is what people truly worry about today, the world has a right to call us spoiled, fat, and lazy.

I was just thinking about this again over the weekend: it seems like people have been willing to let go of this one. Yes, phones scratch when rubbed against sharp metal objects or abrasive surfaces. Get a case. The maps thing has largely overshadowed the scratching thing in the media, so I guess my faith in humanity is restored again? Not much though--people are still bitching about a very trivial first world problem that can be avoided by simply using a different app or a mobile web app.

I will say this--my son whapped my iPhone 5 out of my hand last night on a blacktop parking lot when he decided to leap out of the car and practically knock me over. I have a case on it. It landed on its back. Screen is still pristine, no scuffs or scratches, phone is still functioning just fine.

If you're worried about cosmetic damage, get a case. Otherwise, shut up.

xAnthony

macrumors 65816
Mar 2, 2010

sasasule

macrumors member
Feb 25, 2011
Netherlands
All the time and money spent in R&D and then you throw this giant ugly piece of plastic on it... Such a shame.

Its silicon case + plastic to keep it safe...

I don't care much for look but I do care to sell unit after 2years for nice money so my investing in new phone will be lower...This case allows me to do that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.