Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aohus

macrumors 68000
Apr 4, 2010
sky
at least they're getting rid of a glass back. i've been hammering them about this issue since day 1 of iP4 release.

accident rates are sky high with the iP4.

now all the iPhone needs is a LED notification light, and a bigger screen and I'm sold on iPhone 5.

rovex

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2011
at least they're getting rid of a glass back. i've been hammering them about this issue since day 1 of iP4 release.

accident rates are sky high with the iP4.

now all the iPhone needs is a LED notification light, and a bigger screen and I'm sold on iPhone 5.

Front screen cracking has always been an issue so why don't they make an aluminium front panel too?

Piggie

macrumors G3
Feb 23, 2010
Look, Apple has had multiple opportunities to increase the screen size and each time, they have kept the screen the same size.

That leads me to believe that one person who likes that screen size is named Steve.

His aesthetic is small, simple, elegant, and thin.

Steve isn't going to supersize the iPhone. Simple as that.

Well now Steve is out of the way, perhaps things can advance.
May sound harsh, but perhaps there is something lacking there and focussing on just one and only one model is not actually the way forward, esp when you see how other companies can product a range to suit many peoples tastes.

Take it or leave it, with one model may not be the best policy for ever.

Last edited:

TheRealTVGuy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2010
Orlando, FL
It's all falling into place...

Despite the confused nature of the report, these details come at an interesting time, as the vision of the iPhone 5 has become increasing confused.

Ahh... just as Mr's. Jobs and Cook want it to be...

Keep on guessing!!

I'm all for "Controlled Leaks"

----------

...only one model is not actually the way forward, esp when you see how other companies can product a range to suit many peoples tastes.

Seems to be working for them so far...

robotchampion

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2011
CA
Slipping out of my hands

Anyone else think that thinner is not necessarily better? Will it be like a slippery goose?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.