Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jparker402

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 7, 2016
Bellevue, NE
I have an iPhone 5C and right now have ios 9.3.2 loaded. A couple ios iterations ago I could ask SIRI what song was playing on the radio, and I would get an answer complete with who wrote it and where I might buy it. Somewhere around 9.3, SIRI developed the dumbs. SIRI is no longer familiar with any song, including Jingle Bells. I did try another app that was supposed to recognize music, but the information provided was not near as complete as what SIRI used to provide. What has happened? Will it be corrected?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I believe Siri uses Shazam for that kind of thing. As far as I know that still works (based on some threads I've come across about that kind of thing not that long ago, as I don't generally use that feature).

jparker402

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 7, 2016
Bellevue, NE
Alas! After SIRI quit I looked for an ap that would do the music identification. Tried Shazam. Not as good; doesn't identify as much info. I deleted it.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Alas! After SIRI quit I looked for an ap that would do the music identification. Tried Shazam. Not as good; doesn't identify as much info. I deleted it.
Strange that Siri stopped doing it, and strange that Shazam didn't do the job as well given that Siri uses it for those purposes. Alternatively you might try SoundHound.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.