iPhone 5s feature rumour

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nalmond92, Jul 17, 2013.

1. macrumors regular

2. macrumors 65816

When it comes to rumors we can suggest anything. But my money is on the iPhone 6 before there will be "real" inovation. Might see a little better camera on the 5S as it would take little to do that, maybe add a few bucks to the cost of the phone.:)

3. macrumors 6502a

kristoffer4

These features would make a S model worthwhile.

4. macrumors 68000

GroundLoop

5. macrumors 603

Tick / tock product cycle.

My thought is a bunch of people will get in a tizzy over anticipated features... then be sadly disappointed when their fantasy expectations don't prove out. They'll be the ones on the "it sucks!" bandwagon.

With most gadgets, after the first couple generations you shift into evolutionary improvements and the end user is better served upgrading every other generation.

6. macrumors 65816

It is the way it have always been.:p

7. macrumors 68000

Tankmaze

well its not like every year apple can come up with new cpu fab.

8. macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

Even though its an S upgrade, apple realizes that they can't put out a new flagship device with only an upgraded camera. I'd bet the house that this is going to be the biggest S upgrade to date. Just wait and see.

9. macrumors newbie

Well honestly the biggest feature is iOS 7,everything else would be just an upgrade,just like every "s" has been better camera,processor,graphics,ram and as we've heard probably better retina display with igzo.Basically iOS 7 with the new design and the features like airdrop that comes with it is something new,oh almost forgot about the rumors of fingerprint scanner.So if it comes with all that stuff it would be worth to upgrade especially if you are on older iPhones like 4 or even 4s.

10. macrumors 65816

I hope you are right as I will be replacing my 5 with the 5S unless the person who is to "inherit" my 5 kills me for my phone, first!:eek:

Lucy:)

11. macrumors regular

12. macrumors 6502a

Cody21

This would be a pretty big S upgrade. And would be a good upgrade from the iPhone 5.

I'd buy without any hesitation.

13. macrumors 65816

woodekm

14. macrumors 6502a

Like most, I expect to see another 4" iPhone.

From the beginning, Apple should have planned to offer a 4.2" or 4.3" iPhone 5S/6, in roughly the same form factor, this holiday season. That feature would have encouraged far, far more people to upgrade than the other features listed. Consumers don't get upgrade envy with they see a new phone that looks exactly like the one they already own.

Apple needs to squeeze as many upgrades as they can out of the installed base of iPhone users to satisfy shareholders, and a 4.0" phone won't accomplish that. With a 4.3" phone, many users would upgrade. And then many would upgrade again next year for a 4.7" phone. Skipping directly from 4.0" this year to 4.7" next year eliminates an upgrade cycle that would undoubtedly have net billions of dollars for Apple and its shareholders.

15. macrumors 603

2007: iphone
    2008: iphone 3G
    2009: iphone 3GS
    2010: iphone 4
    2011: iphone 4S
    2012: iphone 5

What do you suppose would be the likely next model name... Hmmm.... :cool:

Apple could certainly go with an ipad-esque "the new iPhone" scheme and drop the numbering.