Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mdcooper88

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2014
Your in the same situation as me. I need to have mine before 10 otherwise I'll no get it till Monday as I'm away for the weekend! Seriously hope they make a move on lol

Haha! ive paid extra to ensure its before 10, but im hoping it will be by half 9 or I may have to try and intercept the van on my estate! lol.

Im not back until Monday either, and that's a long wait for an iPhone! I just want to know its the right version as ive had conflicting info from CPW about whether its the 6 or 6 plus, so just need reassurance!

Matt

ryan.taylor06

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2014
Glasgow, UK
Haha! ive paid extra to ensure its before 10, but im hoping it will be by half 9 or I may have to try and intercept the van on my estate! lol.

Im not back until Monday either, and that's a long wait for an iPhone! I just want to know its the right version as ive had conflicting info from CPW about whether its the 6 or 6 plus, so just need reassurance!

Matt

Mines is getting delivered to my local store as I thought it would be on route to the train station but it's looking like that wasn't that good a choice as no one else can go and collect it in my absence if it doesn't arrive on time :/

mdcooper88

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2014
Mines is getting delivered to my local store as I thought it would be on route to the train station but it's looking like that wasn't that good a choice as no one else can go and collect it in my absence if it doesn't arrive on time :/

Ah ok, in some respects I wish I had done the same as I could have at least gone to the store for when it opened and collected straight away.

Never mind, we are where we are !

Matt

ryan.taylor06

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2014
Glasgow, UK
Ah ok, in some respects I wish I had done the same as I could have at least gone to the store for when it opened and collected straight away.

Never mind, we are where we are !

Matt

That was my intention as I assumed it would be delivered to the store yesterday for collection today but it wasn't. It's still in transit. What model did you order? Mines is a 64gb 6+ "space grey"

mdcooper88

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2014
That was my intention as I assumed it would be delivered to the store yesterday for collection today but it wasn't. It's still in transit. What model did you order? Mines is a 64gb 6+ "space grey"

Ah right, I would have assumed the same as my local EE store told me yesterday that they had all of there stock by lunch time ready to sell today.

I've got the 64gb 6 Plus Silver :). I've currently got a Galaxy Note 3, after having iPhones from the 3GS right up to the 5 but I've had enough of it the interface isn't as slick and I really miss my iPhone 5, I only really moved away from Apple because I wanted a bigger screen!

Matt

ryan.taylor06

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2014
Glasgow, UK
Ah right, I would have assumed the same as my local EE store told me yesterday that they had all of there stock by lunch time ready to sell today.

I've got the 64gb 6 Plus Silver :). I've currently got a Galaxy Note 3, after having iPhones from the 3GS right up to the 5 but I've had enough of it the interface isn't as slick and I really miss my iPhone 5, I only really moved away from Apple because I wanted a bigger screen!

Matt

I done that too, I was getting bored of the old iOS interface a few years back and switched to a bigger android phone but then regretted so swaped phones with my sister to get my iPhone back.

I'm going from a 5S to the 6+

Looking forward to the larger screen but still not sure how big it actually will be. It's easy to compare it to other large screen phones in terms of screen size but I think it will be strange seeing iOS on a large screen phone

Willing to adapt though lol

pw1500

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2007
Oxford, England
According to DPD my plus 64gb silver is to be delivered by 10am. I've just checked the tracking and it's still at the depot over hour away. I need to leave for work at 10, fingers crossed..

mdcooper88

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2014
According to DPD my plus 64gb silver is to be delivered by 10am. I've just checked the tracking and it's still at the depot over hour away. I need to leave for work at 10, fingers crossed..

Mine is still at Depot too :( not sure how accurate that is! lol

ryan.taylor06

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2014
Glasgow, UK

Mines says it hasn't even reached the depot yet and that's over an hour away too lol

I'm kinda accepting now that I'm probably not gonna get mines till Monday now. Oh well, will be nice to get back to I suppose lol

----------

Anyone still waiting on a text from DPD with 1 hour time slot?

My iPhone still at Cambuslang depot.

Mines hasn't even reached Uddingston yet and it's still got to make its way to Stirling from there lol!

mdcooper88

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2014
I done that too, I was getting bored of the old iOS interface a few years back and switched to a bigger android phone but then regretted so swaped phones with my sister to get my iPhone back.

I'm going from a 5S to the 6+

Looking forward to the larger screen but still not sure how big it actually will be. It's easy to compare it to other large screen phones in terms of screen size but I think it will be strange seeing iOS on a large screen phone

Willing to adapt though lol

Yeah same for me.

From looking at the dimensions it would appear that it is around the same size as the Note 3, marginally taller though I think,

Matt

ryan.taylor06

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2014
Glasgow, UK
Yeah same for me.

From looking at the dimensions it would appear that it is around the same size as the Note 3, marginally taller though I think,

Matt

It's slightly larger cause of the home button. I went to a carphone warehouse store in edinburgh and the sales assistant was able to put a iPhone 6+ case right over the note 3 and there was still room spare at the bottom

Jaq515

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2014
i just spoke to CPW and she said that any one without a dispatch for today that should have had one. and as long as you ordered before 10 am on friday they ll get it tomorrow.

You will recieve a text in the next hour or so apologising and offering £10 off to spend instore.
You will then get the DPD text with delivery slot etc

pw1500

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2007
Oxford, England
TKSiDSd.png

I have movement :D

underdog1234

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2014
Did anyone order INSTORE and receive confirmation.

Anyone?? :confused:

I ordered Instore in London to be delivered to my home address in Scotland. I ordered around 12PM last Friday. Got in touch with them a few times as I didn't get any email or text confirmation. Each time they said it would be delivered launch day but didn't get ant tracking details. I was advised I would get a text this morning with details.
I didn't get the text so phoned again around 1 and finally got a tracking number. Due to arrive today between 4:30 and 5:30

morty192

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 26, 2010
Have been told my order missed the boat to Ireland last night and has therefore been downgraded to two day delivery. Shouldn't they just have made attempt to deliver it on Saturday/Sunday?

R-head

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2011
Well my experience from CPW was perfect. Ordered on pre-launch day, had a few emails re confirming etc then finally tracking details for delivery to my local store. I popped I'm around 9.15 on launch day and the shop was as dead as a dodo, so within 5 minutes there I was the proud owner of a 6 ... thanks CPW :)

morty192

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 26, 2010
anyone still waiting for their CPW preorder and had it dispatched already?

why2000

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2011

Got email and text message on Thursday evening and picked up the phone from local store at noon on Friday. Playing the new iPhone and very happy now :):):)! good job CPW!

Last edited:

complicity71

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2014

I'm still waiting. I ordered at 8.30am on the 12th, online. Got an acknowledgement and nothing since. I called 2 days before launch day and was assured my handset would be ready for me to collect in-store on the 19th. I rang again on the 18th to be told I wouldn't be getting it until mid October.

I've given up trying to contact CPW, as their phone line is so degraded you can't hear them.

I ordered a 6+ 128GB space grey.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.