Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Michael Scrip

macrumors 604
Mar 4, 2011
NC
I just heard that Foxconn is making 400,000 iPhone 6 and 140,000 iPhone 6 Plus every day.

I have a feeling that demand will far outstrip supply... at least for the first few months.

Naimfan

Suspended
Jan 15, 2003
When people wait in line for hours for a cell phone that they likely won't even be able to buy, there is really nothing to say.

I'm just glad that's not part of my life.

Keirasplace

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2014
Montreal
Yes, and the day you made a line to buy a Pet Rock too.

If a pet rock took great pictures and could be resold for more... I'd agree... But it does not. So, hey!

No, this is not the same as the Berlin Wall falling or the moon landing, but most people weren't there for that, so they have to latch on to smaller events. So, What is your point?

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
My brother is a FedEx driver. I'll have to ask him tonight how his day went. :D

s2obed

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2010
Mine is getting delivered to me, I still took the day off though.

It's a fun experience to wait in line for the phone each year, I've never waited for more than two hours in Milwaukee.

Just because people wait in line doesn't mean they don't have a life. Some people have paid time off. What's it matter to you if someone waits in line anyway?

thelead

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2010
eaton_centre_iphone_6_line.jpg

:eek: That is ridiculous. Who in their right mind would wait in a line like that for a phone? You would think they were giving away something much more important than a phone for that type of line.

adgjqetuo

macrumors member
May 29, 2012
So I casually woke up this morning, got my daughter ready for school and after dropping her off thought i'd drive by my local Verizon store to see the long line and get a little laugh out of it before getting my coffee.

When I got there, the store didn't have a soul there. I walked in and talked to the guy asking what the deal was, and he said he had no idea, but they had stock.

Long story short, 15 minutes later I walked out with an iPhone 6, 64gb and cashed in on their $200 deal for my iPhone 4S.

Weird!

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
I just heard that Foxconn is making 400,000 iPhone 6 and 140,000 iPhone 6 Plus every day.

I have a feeling that demand will far outstrip supply... at least for the first few months.

how many phones did they sell in the first quarter for the 5s release?

at those rates they can make 12M iphone 6 a month and 4.2M 6plus'

bawbac

macrumors 65816
Mar 2, 2012
Seattle, WA
Looks like those ridiculing campaigns from Samsung were VERY EFFECTIVE.

Well, it's been found that the majority of those in line are current iPhone owners. They are just upgrading.
About 5% or less are Android users moving over to the iPhone.
*See Fox, NBC and CNN articles regarding their line polls in various regions.

So yeah, not much new market share.
I guess if Apple can keep the iPhone base around the same, they can sustain their revenue stream as long as all iPhone owners upgrade frequently.

I've had the 4 & the 5S now.
Wife has had 4, 5S and now the 6.
So I guess it's working to Apple's favor.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Well, it's been found that the majority of those in line are current iPhone owners. They are just upgrading.
About 5% or less are Android users moving over to the iPhone.
*See Fox, NBC and CNN articles regarding their line polls in various regions.

So yeah, not much new market share.
I guess if Apple can keep the iPhone base around the same, they can sustain their revenue stream as long as all iPhone owners upgrade frequently.

I've had the 4 & the 5S now.
Wife has had 4, 5S and now the 6.
So I guess it's working to Apple's favor.

it's not surprising to me that the people in line are already iPhone owners. It's probably mostly diehard fans that stand in line. I'm not sure how you can extrapolate that to mean they're not going to get many Android converts.

j.applewood

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2012
Seriously, why wait on line when you could have pre-ordered and had it delivered to your front door, free of charge, on the 19th?

People amaze me.

Some people still drop their utilities payments off in person. Change is hard.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.