Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

heycal

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2013
Sound to me like you should make an appointment with a Genius at your local Apple Store to show him your complaints/problems. I almost sure he/she can take care your problems you are having with the iPhone 6.

You can schedule it online at Apple.com and then go at your convenience tomorrow or the next day!

And if the Genius does not fix your complaints; you can return the 6 too. LOL!

I'm assuming none of them are fixable -- that's just the way the phone is. I hope you are right though.

Are you suggesting your phone doesn't have these issues?

And believe me, I've already fantasized about returning the 6. After using Android for a bit, it's hard to deal with a worse keyboard, a worse dictation/talking text feature, and a few other things that Android does so well. I find myself missing the bigger screen of the S4 as well.

TouchID is much faster than slide to unlock. You can for example take your iPhone (upside down, screen facing inward) with your thumb on TouchID out of your pocket and it'll be unlocked by the time you can see the screen. I'd advise that you give it a try and you'll likely find this to be true.

If, however, your fingerprints are screwed up from working, etc. and can't use TouchID, deselect Use TouchID for iPhone Unlock in settings and change requiring passcode to 4 hours. You'll only have to enter the passcode once every 4 hours.

Thanks, for the suggestion. I'll investigate and experiment...

Early tries bring up Siri more often than not. What's the secret to avoiding that?

Hopefully Apple will stop making android iPhones. ;)

What do you mean?

The iPhone 6 felt like the biggest upgrade since the iPhone 4.

Why?

Last edited:

heycal

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2013
Why didn't you get the 6+ instead?

Too big. Even the S5 is too big, and the LG G2 is real borderline too, which is why I went with the S4. I think that may be the most ideally sized phone on the market: 5" screen, not too tall, not too thick, not too heavy.

MozMan68

macrumors demi-god
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
Some pictures would be great thanks

Here are a couple of shots to show you how it works...low profile, within reach, easy to place/remove, and right above the ashtray so I have a short USB cable to power it while I'm driving.

Simply stuck the Rokform mount directly to the ProClip USA mount (without phone holder). First bought it YEARS ago when it was holding a Blackberry!! Then through all of the iPhone models....then to a Nokia 1520 for the past year...and now the same mount for my iPhone 6+ since I have been using Rokform since last year.

15275194334_5f7b982f8d_c.jpg

15711427019_0b7725709d_c.jpg

01silver4

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2014
Florida
Here are a couple of shots to show you how it works...low profile, within reach, easy to place/remove, and right above the ashtray so I have a short USB cable to power it while I'm driving.

Simply stuck the Rokform mount directly to the ProClip USA mount (without phone holder). First bought it YEARS ago when it was holding a Blackberry!! Then through all of the iPhone models....then to a Nokia 1520 for the past year...and now the same mount for my iPhone 6+ since I have been using Rokform since last year.

Very ingenious thank you I am definitely going to do something like this for my car.

Antgb84

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2013
I adore the 6 plus, battery life is absolutely excellent. Screen size is still a bit awkward for one hand use. This phone is a keeper. There will be no need to upgrade to 7 for at least 2 years or whatever it's going to be, it's not going to be any slimmer or bigger.

heycal

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2013
Press the Touch ID briefly just to wake it up and then just rest the finger on it to unlock. Don't keep it pressed as that will activate Siri.

Ahh! Let me try that and see how it goes…

Anyone want to commment on that dim-to-bright unlock effect? Subtle, but it did catch my eye.

A couple of more first impressions:

1. Talking my texts doesn't work as well as it did on Swiftkey/Android, which was incredibly accurate and good at understanding every word I said. But talk-texting on the iphone spits out more wrong words. Too many. Disappointed in this.

2. The kindle app is far superior to the glitchy Android version. Less problems, better design and functionality.

Last edited:

iososx

macrumors 6502a
Aug 23, 2014
USA
The least important feature of any of the many smartphones I buy is the camera. In fact until recently I have not bothered to use them. I always carry a small DSLR since I love Photograhpy.

That said I just compared my two newest smartphones, my iPhone 6+ and Nexus 6, with nearly identical results. Now I understand why casual users love the camera on their phone.

ajohnson253

macrumors 68000
Jun 16, 2008
I have had my plus for about 3 1/2- 4 weeks now and I have to say that I absolutely love it. The extra screen real estate is great.

I couldn't imagine using a phone any bigger though.

Nancy bout

macrumors regular
Mar 24, 2013
Love it!
I had the six for a month and half than switched to the plus from Craigslist lol
I'm now loving my plus!

----------

I'm glad I use a case and screen protector I'm a vapor and my big metal mvp battery landed in the screen lol no the screen didn't have a scratch thanks to the protector... Can't imagine me running without a case! I use both!

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
That's nice where did you get it?

Off Amazon. You're best going to the Brodit site and putting your vehicle details in, then it'll tell you what holder you need. I love them as there's no screwing holes into the dashboard, it just clips in and is very secure. Each unit is different and specific to your vehicle.

ccard3dev

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2013
Michigan, US
I am buying my iPhone 6 16GB "Space Grey" from Walmart tonight, and I am very excited to upgrade from my 5th generation iPod touch! I will be taking pictures and writing a first impression review on my blog tomorrow.

MozMan68

macrumors demi-god
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
Very ingenious thank you I am definitely going to do something like this for my car.

Case showed up yesterday...I actually like how the mount on the back of the case is now higher than I could place on my Lumia 1520. Lowers the phone slightly. Perfect position to be out of the way but still visible.

15914078791_49e8045f3d_b.jpg

Now just waiting for the phone to show up....;)

Scarpad

macrumors 68020
Jan 13, 2005
Ma
Case showed up yesterday...I actually like how the mount on the back of the case is now higher than I could place on my Lumia 1520. Lowers the phone slightly. Perfect position to be out of the way but still visible.

still debating upgrading to the plus from my 1520 which , except for needing some apps that are not available I really love, how's the transition for you ?

MozMan68

macrumors demi-god
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
still debating upgrading to the plus from my 1520 which , except for needing some apps that are not available I really love, how's the transition for you ?

Still waiting for the phone....but I was on iPhone since the first gen up until a year ago, so won't be a dramatic switch for me going back.

Waze crapped out on me a week ago on my 1520...keeps crashing on start-up, so I can't wait to have that back again.

01silver4

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2014
Florida
I just got my 6 Plus this week. Any idea why the bottom left corner is magnetic? I could't find anything on Google.

No never heard of the the phone being magnetic, how did u come to find this out? Did u put a magnet to it? May there is a steel reinforcement inside there#

----------

Very nice this just gave me an idea of how this would look my S4, when u get your phone please post some picture.

01silver4

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2014
Florida
Well I am going to try it with mine and see what happens and report back to u and let u know the results.

Here is mine going to ask about this when I go to the apple store on Monday. While I am qurious to know the answer for this. It might be nothing to worry about. My wife 6 does this as well.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,019.9 KB · Views: 218
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.