Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BeeGood

macrumors 68000
Sep 15, 2013
Lot 23E. Somewhere in Georgia.
All my purchases with the exception of the original and the 4 have been on launch day (I skipped the 5 and got the 4 a week after launch day).

I'm hoping we get to do pre-orders this year. If not, I'm lining up. I'm just a sucker for shiny new devices.

It's a PITA to get it on launch day but it's not all bad. You meet some interesting people and it's kind of fun getting the newest iPhone on launch day. I never regret it...despite being sleep deprived :D

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
I have two IP5 that I want to trade in at Apple. So can I order and have them delivered to the local Apple store? Will they take the trade-in at the time of pickup?

jkel777

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2014
Definitely will get it at launch. Currently have the 5s, which I got at launch. Ordered it at 12:08 A.M. on launch day and it arrived the following week. No complaints here.

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
Definitely will get it at launch. Currently have the 5s, which I got at launch. Ordered it at 12:08 A.M. on launch day and it arrived the following week. No complaints here.

Well, we're glad you're not keeping detailed records or anything. :D

jkel777

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2014
Well, we're glad you're not keeping detailed records or anything. :D

Haha I did star that email after all ;)

Just vaguely remembering though lol. I remember I was anxiously waiting for the UPS truck. Funny how technology products can do that to us!

Delorean2006

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2012
Would I need to do something like AT&T next or can I get a normal 2 year contract?

If your contract is up in December I think you can get the 2 year contract just ask ahead of time, I know right now you're eligible for the next, I only know that because I am too and my contract is up then too

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
Haha I did star that email after all ;)

Just vaguely remembering though lol. I remember I was anxiously waiting for the UPS truck. Funny how technology products can do that to us!

At 58, I'm too mature to do that kind of stuff.

But I still do. :D

GalvaJ

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2011
Last year I stood in line for the 5s to get it on launch day. This year I plan on waiting about a month. With the rumors of two new devices and also the possibility of the differences between them being more than just the screen size I wanna give some time to visit the store a couple times to play around with each one and also read reviews and opinions online. Also wanna see what comes of the next Nexus device as well.

SpyderBite

macrumors 65816
Oct 4, 2011
Xanadu
iPhone 6 Buy at Launch or Wait

If it's a 4.7", then I'll Edge Up on the vzw website. Not in a hurry to get it on launch day.

Last edited:

Cancelled
Jun 21, 2010
I'm buying the 6 at launch as my primary device. I've done the waiting in line in front of the Apple store. No thanks. I'm going to pre order on AT&T.com or Apple.com.

If not, I'll wait until they get them in stock without having to wait in line. No hurry here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.