Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

moyailongterm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 26, 2016
Hello,
my iPhone 6 just died. I did a soft and hard reset but with no luck. :(

Before it died, the charger would light up (red - verizon charger) when I plug into my iPhone 6. But now when I plug it in it does not light up.

I research and couple of people said that it is the software along with IC logic chip that determine to charge or not.

I replaced a new iPhone battery but it would not turn on.

I don't know if it is the lighting charging port or not. But I ordered on on ebay. Before I go and replace this port, is there any way I can tell if it actually the charging port that is bad?

any advise would be greatly appreciative!

AppleFanatic10

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2010
Hawthorne, CA
Hello,
my iPhone 6 just died. I did a soft and hard reset but with no luck. :(

Before it died, the charger would light up (red - verizon charger) when I plug into my iPhone 6. But now when I plug it in it does not light up.

I research and couple of people said that it is the software along with IC logic chip that determine to charge or not.

I replaced a new iPhone battery but it would not turn on.

I don't know if it is the lighting charging port or not. But I ordered on on ebay. Before I go and replace this port, is there any way I can tell if it actually the charging port that is bad?

any advise would be greatly appreciative!

It would've been easier if you would've just went to the Apple Store. They could've easily diagnosed the problem. You wouldn't have wasted money on a new battery and lighting port. Since you've opened the phone and voided the warranty (not sure if you had one but they can tell if you've opened it or not), they probably won't do much for you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.