Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BobbyWayne

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2011
lol, it's not really a frontal shot with no flash. It looks like you darken the screen with photoshop or something. You can see the lights reflection on your hands is very pronounced but ok if you said so.

You guys are very demanding and never happy are you? It's a simple photo taken under direct bathroom light with an iPhone 5 and tap to focus on the screen. No photoshop. I'm not going to start embellishing photos just to please a few guys for a company that doesn't pay me to advertise for them. These are the official photos for reference. I'm done with taking photos. I'm happy with my product and that's all that matters. If you want to see the product, spend your own money or don't. Simple as that. :)

iphone6fullblack1-1000x1000.jpg

51lJMW6m4jL._SX466_.jpg

Edit: how's this for "photoshop"? It's clearly a white line like everyone was saying. It's so white that you can actually see my finger through it. /s ;)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 171
Last edited:

BobbyWayne

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2011
Another photo since I can't seem to be able to upload more then one photo directly from the iPhone.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 174

kaikai830

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2010
In all the pics you posted, I can see the white lines around the screen where the screen and the black painted part meets Clearly. Thanks for confirming it;)

BobbyWayne

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2011
Stubborn to the bitter end. Glad to see you know your colours. Its called a reflection. Anyway, I'm done posting here. Enjoy!

pocketdoc

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2008
Looks good to me

I just put one one much like this. Wriol. It doesn't go all the way to the edge, which is better than the ones that cover all of the glass. Feels better and there is less of an "overhang" of glass.

The only problem I have is that the black painted portion fits the edge of the screen exactly. I thought I put mine on well, but it appears to be a fraction to the right and therefore covering the very edge of one side of the screen.

Thinner is also better.

kaikai830

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2010
Here's a picture for you guys to compare. The two iphone 6 have the Benks and Nilkin glass which you can see the white outline around the edge of the screen clearly and the two 6plus have the Mime color glass which is all black ,no white outlines.
sorry for the quality I took it with another iphone 6.

Attachments

• IMG_0113.JPG
    IMG_0113.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 341

shamashu

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2014
Here's a picture for you guys to compare. The two iphone 6 have the Benks and Nilkin glass which you can see the white outline around the edge of the screen clearly and the two 6plus have the Mime color glass which is all black ,no white outlines.

Where to buy the mime and how much? which among the three brands has the nearest black painted color when compared to the natural bkack of the iPhone? They all look plastic bezels.

kaikai830

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2010
Where to buy the mime and how much? which among the three brands has the nearest black painted color when compared to the natural bkack of the iPhone? They all look plastic bezels.

I got it here, a little more expensive than the others but IMO it's totally worth it.
http://mimeusa.com/product/iphone-6-ghost-glass-color-screen-protector/

Stubborn to the bitter end. Glad to see you know your colours. Its called a reflection. Anyway, I'm done posting here. Enjoy!
And no my friend, that's not a reflection, here's the pic you'd posted, look around the edge where I marked in red, you can see the outline clearly.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 226

BobbyWayne

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2011

Those 6plus look great. My problem was that you keep saying white outline. It's a see through outline that's reflective and noticeable due to the contrast of the black phone. I have specified that time and again. Also shown in the photo that it's not a solid colour and transparent as you can see my finger through the glass where the outline is. I personally don't have an issue with it but I do agree the ones you got one the 6plus look better. How come you have so many phones? Repair service?

Last edited:

kaikai830

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2010
Those 6plus look great. My problem was that you keep saying white outline. It's a see through outline that's reflective and noticeable due to the contrast of the black phone. I have specified that time and again. Also shown in the photo that it's not a solid colour and transparent as you can see my finger through the glass where the outline is. I personally don't have an issue with it but I do agree the ones you got one the 6plus look better. How come you have so many phones? Repair service?

lol no, just mine,the wife and kids's phone.

Do you have a macro picture of the corner edge? Is there a gap?

It have a little gap.

Attachments

• DSC02465.JPG
    DSC02465.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 323

vodavoda

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2012

Can you advise which is compatible with PSAJ? I tried Aegis and the PSAJ lifted the TP :(

kaikai830

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2010
Can you advise which is compatible with PSAJ? I tried Aegis and the PSAJ lifted the TP :(

sorry I don't have the air jacket but I think it should fit because the Mime glass is cut a little smaller, maybe 1 mm smaller on each sides. The benks and nilkin wouldn't fit with my airybody aluminum case but the Mime fits perfectly.

----------

Thanks.. Looks like it is just put on top not adhering to the curved glass.. I guess lot of dust gets in.

some dust would but not a lot because there's not much ovehang.

Kisey

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010

They are using "white line" to describe what they are seeing. While it's not in fact white...you can clearly see a border around the edge of the screen. As others have mentioned, and as posted above, there are more expensive brands who offer protectors without a visible border. Yes, people are picky (including me). If you are happy with your protector, that's all that matters ;)

----------

sorry I don't have the air jacket but I think it should fit because the Mime glass is cut a little smaller, maybe 1 mm smaller on each sides. The benks and nilkin wouldn't fit with my airybody aluminum case but the Mime fits perfectly.

----------

some dust would but not a lot because there's not much ovehang.

What part of the mime has adhesive? The border or screen?

Last edited:

G-TEC

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2012
Toronto, ON

I concur with this as I have the same Inskin edge to edge screen protector. Once the phone is on you don't notice any white/gray border/line at all. I managed to install the Inskin with a Ringke Fusion case. It took a bit of stretching and lifting of the top edges of the case to cover the screen protector, but once over it proved about 1mm of lip protection. Can't even notice that there's a glass screen protector on at all.

mele14

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2015

iloome's new prototype for CLEAR CURVED glass (ScreenMate) for iPhone 6.

What do you guys think?

We've been developing new glass technology for screen protection (actually for Galaxy Note Edge), but we're trying to implement them on iPhone 6/6 PLUS as well. Like I said on the other thread, but it probably won't be available for couple months at least, as we're still developing/perfecting the technology.

It's perfect! This what all people looking for!!! Make it fast!!!

BensonTT

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2012
You guys should just give up.. They all look like crap.. One problem after another.. LoL

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.