Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dgtl887

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2016
India
Hi,

Over the last couple of months, I've been facing issues with my 6+ battery/indicator. It'd be charged completely. The drain is pretty much what I'd expect out of a two year phone. The battery life isn't great, but it's still acceptable.

The problem now is that it drops from something like 40% straight to 23%. Then 23% to 1% and then stays there for a bit. The moment I plug it back to charge, the indicator jumps to 35% again. The aforementioned example is exactly how it happened for me yesterday and similar events have occurred in the recent past.

I went into an Apple service centre (no Apple Stores in India), waited for an hour and then after giving up on being attended to, just left. Would an issue like mine be solved if I did a factory reset and then installed everything again, as if it were a new phone ? I've tried the simpler stuff like letting it drain and then charging it again, switching the phone off and on etc.

Any help would be much appreciated ! Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.