Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

akuma13

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2006
I have been getting full day battery with 6+ hour screen on time... :)

It maybe just a little less than my 6+ but as apple don't give a accurate SOT it's hard to say.

How have you been getting over 6hrs screen time running stock? It seems everyone else here needs to run a custom rom or something.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
How have you been getting over 6hrs screen time running stock? It seems everyone else here needs to run a custom rom or something.
Don't know. But it has surprised me how well its doing.

59% left on battery and nearly 3hr SOT already.

35fc459c0d8750aaf32fee301c6ebcb6.jpg

96a9faa1707ad1a07ff55ff9e1cd7986.jpg

youradhere4222

macrumors 6502
Dec 16, 2007
The nexus 6 screen although QHD isn't as good as either the S6 or 6+. Its a good screen but its noticeably dimmer and suffers from yellow tint without you manually compensating for it.
This is the only thing I disagree with in your post. The Nexus 6 is ~500 ppi while the iPhone 6 Plus is ~400 ppi. I think its screen looks better than the iPhone's. It is dimmer, but I rarely ever needed to use my iPhone at full brightness anyway.

I'll add some input. I think the camera is just as good as the iPhone camera in most conditions. Only in low light is the iPhone noticeably superior. Battery life isn't as good, but it will probably get you through a full day. And there's quick charging and wireless charging which are very convenient.

I don't really miss Touch ID that much. It was nice to have but I find the pattern unlock very easy, and you can also use things like trusted voice, trusted face, trusted location, or have the phone automatically unlock when it's near something like an Android smartwatch.

----------

If you're looking for picture examples, go to http://reddit.com/r/nexus6. People often post pictures taken from their phones.

I went kayaking over the weekend and brought my Nexus 6 and got some great shots. I might upload them a bit later but I would say they're just as good as what I would have taken on my 6 Plus, although the picture captured more detail due to there being more megapixels.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
This is the only thing I disagree with in your post. The Nexus 6 is ~500 ppi while the iPhone 6 Plus is ~400 ppi. I think its screen looks better than the iPhone's. It is dimmer, but I rarely ever needed to use my iPhone at full brightness anyway..

I honestly cant tell difference between 400ppi and 500ppi. Basically i cant see pixels on either. For me its the outdoor visibility which is the reason I say its not quite as good as the 6+. Also there is a yellow cast on the nexus 6 screen something not really noticeable in isolation - but compared directly is noticeable.
But even then were only talking marginal differences and I still think its an excellent screen.

My favourite thing with the N6 screen is reading a book with inverted (nighttime) settings so black page white text. The blacks are so deep on the N6 and the bigger screen over other androids makes it a great book reading device / screen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.