Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RedlegsFan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 15, 2012
i know they exist for the smaller 6, but has anyone posted a review of the Grip case for the 6 Plus? They were in stock a couple of weeks ago for a minute but have been out of stock since.

moptart

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2010
Favorite so far....

I've gone through a few cases: tech 21 check, tech 21 tactical, apple silicone, STM harbour, i-blason and this is my favorite so far!

I like the grip and it has a smaller footprint compared to the other cases (minus the silicone).

The silicone would be perfect if it had a lower border. I wonder if apple will make that available one day.

I'm still looking for the perfect case in all-white.

RedlegsFan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 15, 2012
I've gone through a few cases: tech 21 check, tech 21 tactical, apple silicone, STM harbour, i-blason and this is my favorite so far!

I like the grip and it has a smaller footprint compared to the other cases (minus the silicone).

The silicone would be perfect if it had a lower border. I wonder if apple will make that available one day.

I'm still looking for the perfect case in all-white.

Is yours for the 6 Plus?

gvmelbrty

macrumors member
Dec 31, 2006
Getting the ZooGue instead

For anyone who, like me and my wife, are tired of waiting for Speck to release the CandyShell Grip for the 6 Plus (which was our favorite case on the iPhone 5), I'd highly recommend you take a look at the ZooGue Social Pro.

We received ours a few days ago and we really like them.. they have molded ridges on the sides and are pretty grippy (the number one reason we were waiting for the Speck case - grippiness), it fits the phone perfectly, the material shows no smudges or scratches, it's thinner than the Grip and costs 2/3's less.

We've decided not to get the Grip whenever it finally does come out and I've stopped looking for other cases.. the ZooGue is the one we're going to keep (the Ringke Fusion came in 2nd place - nice case too, just not grippy enough). .. Just FYI.

ticilpxe

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2014
I ordered it last Sunday off of Amazon when I picked up my 6 plus. Got it on Tuesday.

It was on sale for $23.99 and so I jumped on it and I really like it. Helps a lot in making me feel better about holding it one handed. Button clickability is great as well. I've only had one other case, a Caseology one which was alright but yeah I like this one better.

jrodsep

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2010
Does anyone have the Best Buy exclusive Candyshell Grip? Can anyone post photos of it or a white iPhone 6 plus with it installed? Thanks.

Emmie320

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2015
USA
Does anyone have the Best Buy exclusive Candyshell Grip? Can anyone post photos of it or a white iPhone 6 plus with it installed? Thanks.

Here one pic of Candyshell Grip on 6 Plus. It's not letting post more in one post. image.jpg

jrodsep

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2010
Thanks Emmie320. I should have been more specific. I already have the white CS Grip on my white iPhone 6 plus. I'm looking for pictures of a white iPhone 6 plus with the blue/black best buy edition. I have a great deal for one and was wondering how it would look. Thanks again

Emmie320

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2015
USA
Thanks Emmie320. I should have been more specific. I already have the white CS Grip on my white iPhone 6 plus. I'm looking for pictures of a white iPhone 6 plus with the blue/black best buy edition. I have a great deal for one and was wondering how it would look. Thanks again

I had that one but returned it. The light blue rubber got dirty and never looked the same after about a week.

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
May 6, 2010
New York
I have had a Candyshell Grip for the Note 4, 6 Plus, and now on my 6. I love the Candyshell Grip. It feels incredible in the hands. The grippy rips are the perfect texture for comfort. Not soft, not too hard either. Great case.

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
I actually went back the white/black CS grip for my 6 plus. Forgot how enjoyable it is to hold and the fit is the best out of any of the others I have tried.

FieldingMellish

Suspended
Jun 20, 2010
I handled them at Best Buy. White show no scratches that the black does. I'm tempted to get one, but not at full price that Best Buy gets.

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
May 6, 2010
New York
I agree that would be a great color addition. However the white shows little to no scratches and/or scuffs.

I would love for them to make a mighty she'll for the 6 plus too.

Yeah. The Moss Green on my 6 got a few little scratches right in the middle of the back only a day or two of having it. They aren't obvious unless you tilt it into the light, and honestly it doesn't bother me at all.

I may try a white one at some point. I dig the Stormtrooper vibe.

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
Yeah. The Moss Green on my 6 got a few little scratches right in the middle of the back only a day or two of having it. They aren't obvious unless you tilt it into the light, and honestly it doesn't bother me at all.

I may try a white one at some point. I dig the Stormtrooper vibe.
Funny that's what my wife calls it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.