Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

willydimes

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 8, 2014
Hey so I'm having this off issue at home on my airport extreme with my iPhone 6 plus. Both my laptops connect fine and work on my wifi but the phone can see but won't connect to my iPhone. I was on the public beta and figured it was that so I downloaded 9.02 and installed that. Didn't work. then I reset the entire phone and still no luck. Im really at a loss for what might be wrong here. Can anyone point me in the rift direction.

I did turn off the router and also change the wifi name/password to force an update to setting of the router.

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
Hey so I'm having this off issue at home on my airport extreme with my iPhone 6 plus. Both my laptops connect fine and work on my wifi but the phone can see but won't connect to my iPhone. I was on the public beta and figured it was that so I downloaded 9.02 and installed that. Didn't work. then I reset the entire phone and still no luck. Im really at a loss for what might be wrong here. Can anyone point me in the rift direction.

I did turn off the router and also change the wifi name/password to force an update to setting of the router.

That's a strange one. Does your 6+ connect to WiFi networks other than yours? Like at Starbucks, Panera, etc.? I'm assuming you went over your settings on the phone to make sure that WiFi is turned on. If the settings on the phone are OK, next I would check the settings for the AE, like making sure you somehow are not excluding your iPhone from connecting.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.