Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

downpour

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2009
The last really interesting product Apple launched was the iPad over 4 years ago, arguably this was just a reworking of the technology from the the iPhone, that came out 7 years ago.

With all the research Apple do, and all the money and resources they have, I'm really hoping they release a brand new product with some exciting futuristic technology.

Incremental updates are great, but it's nice to be surprised every once in a while. It would also finally confirm that Apple are still a forward-thinking, ground-breaking company, even after the loss of Steve.

Donoban

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2013
The last really interesting product Apple launched was the iPad over 4 years ago, arguably this was just a reworking of the technology from the the iPhone, that came out 7 years ago.

With all the research Apple do, and all the money and resources they have, I'm really hoping they release a brand new product with some exciting futuristic technology.

Incremental updates are great, but it's nice to be surprised every once in a while. It would also finally confirm that Apple are still a forward-thinking, ground-breaking company, even after the loss of Steve.

Strong troll brah. We know what the new iphone will look like, we are playing with ios 8. The ipad will be same form factor as last year.

That just leaves you with the watch. Will that be enough futuristic tech to get you excited?

Nik

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2007
Germany
I'm still on the 4S and eagerly awaiting the iPhone 6. This news isn't good. But as long as the iPhone 6 will be great, I am willing to stretch my patience even more.

bananas

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2007
Everyone is getting one by christmas anyway, some in the US might get theirs by halloween. October is about the last chance to release in time for christmas and since Apple is releasing Yosemite in october and probably some new Macs with it, it's going to be very busy.

I wonder when they will have the time to release the new iPads, iTime and new Apple TV? All in october? At once?

cariacou

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2010
in other words... 5 more betas to come :)

hate it or love it, I think it's a great news.

At least iOS8 will by then be a mature OS and won't see the fate of Apple Maps or Windows 8...

----------

I don't believe it. The new iPhone will come in September, as always..

you mean like the 5 or 5s ?

iPhone 4s > October
iPhone 3G, 3Gs > July
iPhone > June

Zxxv

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2011
UK
Perhaps it's me, but it just seems silly to have your company look basically dead all year and have everything of any interest announced in one hit, when other companies LOOK like they are bringing new and exciting things out at many times during they year.

Even if it was a 6 month gap, Spring and Autumn.

I actually think it looks good. Apple look like they care and think about their products. Its also reassuring to know the item you buy is relevant for a longer period than with other companies.

Appear rushed or appear professional. Take ya pick

sanook997

macrumors regular
May 29, 2012
Bangkok
No way it's Oct, Apple just put out their 4th quarter forecast and those numbers include at least some iPhone 6 sales. TC would not put those numbers on the street without total confidence in them.

Matthew830

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2014
Can the author please address how the leap is made from a retail store meeting leaking information that "the source notes that a senior Store Leader mentioned October 14th as being an "immense" day for Apple" to apple not releasing an iphone till October 14th. Might that day also be the launch of another product, say the rumored watch or the rumored phablet.

Apple just released guidance last week that is in line with the launch of an iphone this qtr. Does your retail source have insight that Tim Cook
Does not?

This article seems responsible for the premarket sell off of apple this morning with shares down close to 2%. Will macrumors take responsibility for the millions lost in market cap by "leaking" what appears to be a story with more assumptions made then a big foot sighting? I seriously hope your source provided more info than the above quote to lead you to make the assumption that we won't see an iphone launch till October. Otherwise enjoy the bad karma reaped by the stock holders who will lose real money today based off of you connecting imaginary dots.

woodekm

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2008
Ahh the carrot before the horses will keep everyone HAVING to buy an iPhone. That's the tactic.

A BIG announcement for the BIG announcement for the release date of another iPhone! YEA!!

Just aint the same as it used to be and is kinda' getting old. But the tactic works, I guess.

iBug2

macrumors 601
Jun 12, 2005
I hope not. I was planning to take a NYC trip in October 5th and also buy the iPhone. If this is true, I don't have another opening until Christmas. I always buy my iPhones from USA since their audio volume is louder than the ones sold in EU.

kaki4125

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2012
Screw the gold and platinum. I don't crave attention that badly. I would like satin finished titanium with a mil-spec waterproof rating.

pavelbure

macrumors 6502a
Feb 22, 2007
Perhaps it's me, but it just seems silly to have your company look basically dead all year and have everything of any interest announced in one hit, when other companies LOOK like they are bringing new and exciting things out at many times during they year.

Even if it was a 6 month gap, Spring and Autumn.

I agree, I only have so much money to go around.

Matthew830

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2014
Also, I want to point out that the article was released at 1:00 am pacific. Just in time for the start of premarket trading where it could do the most damage to stock price with low trading volume. This is a rotten article and macrumors should either back it up with better evidence or make edits to better reflect the information actually presented.

macrumors member
Jul 12, 2013
Potential Mac Pro minor update?

I've been planning on getting the blackmac for a while now. I'm actually ready to buy right now.

What do people reckon the chances are of any minor updates happening to the Pro machine this fall?

After waiting / saving for so long for this machine I will be indescribably PO'd if they update 2 months after finally dropping coin....

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
So Apple is going to announce the phone in September but it won't be available for sale until a month later? Call me highly skeptical.

Keane16

macrumors 6502a
Dec 8, 2007
I still can't get over tis idea of keeping this design for larger models?
As screens have grown into epic proportions, with 5.0 becoming the standard.

5" might becoming the standard for Android's high end, that doesn't mean it's the best or the right way to go.

Windows Phone has lots of sizes and resolutions. There is no correct size. Just a preference.

For their business model Apple chooses to release 1 phone, and this year perhaps, 2 new phones. They also have the best App Store - they would not have the best App Store if they changed resolutions and sizes every year.

Remember when it seemed like everyone wanted a dinky little netbook. Ha. That worked out well... Users will often clamour for whatever is released. But it's usually the best designs that stand the test of time.

Manufacturers are having to clear their phones from excess space wasters such as large buttons to allow maximum screen estate.

Yet apple continue to use this out of date design and then use a smaller screen?
They should have either placed the clunky button on another part of the shell such as the rear or the side and reduced the top bezel instead of sacrificing screen size.

Other manufacturers don't have Touch ID. They don't need the button, they don't need to 'waste' space'.

Could you imagine how awful it would be with the Home Button on the back? In its current position you can have your thumb resting on it and easily apply force. I would hate for the button on the back or the side for that matter. Something under the screen could work - but we're not here in terms of tech yet.

Not to mention having some bezel is nice - just as a place to hold without accidentally touching the screen especially in landscape (an iPad like accidental touch rejection on the iPhone would be nice if they're going to shave the bezels even more).

I see so many comments like yours that focus on the user facing details and completely ignore what it takes to build a successful platform.

petvas

macrumors 603
Jul 20, 2006
Munich, Germany
in other words... 5 more betas to come :)

hate it or love it, I think it's a great news.

At least iOS8 will by then be a mature OS and won't see the fate of Apple Maps or Windows 8...

----------

you mean like the 5 or 5s ?

iPhone 4s > October
iPhone 3G, 3Gs > July
iPhone > June

you are right, I had forgotten about the 4S..

ThatsMeRight

macrumors 68020
Sep 12, 2009
So Apple is going to announce the phone in September but it won't be available for sale until a month later? Call me highly skeptical.

Apple did it before with the iPhone 3G. And the iPhone 4 was only available in like 5 countries for nearly two months.

It's not unusual.

NightFox

macrumors 68040
May 10, 2005
Shropshire, UK
This article seems responsible for the premarket sell off of apple this morning with shares down close to 2%. Will macrumors take responsibility for the millions lost in market cap by "leaking" what appears to be a story with more assumptions made then a big foot sighting? I seriously hope your source provided more info than the above quote to lead you to make the assumption that we won't see an iphone launch till October. Otherwise enjoy the bad karma reaped by the stock holders who will lose real money today based off of you connecting imaginary dots.

Seriously? I think you are confusing MacRumors with Reuters or Bloomberg. Do you really think traders are making buy/sell decisions based on a website like this that basically openly regurgitates unsubstantiated speculation or vague rumours? (no offence Arn!)

Would you make a financial decision based solely on what you read on here?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.