Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ijen0311

macrumors 65816
Jul 4, 2009

Tough but I did my best.

5DBB1654-8E14-4FE1-ABED-2DEE4140086E_zpsuzvw3ryh.jpg

7FF92DC4-7AC7-44DE-A18D-DF107928DC5A_zpsego3fkr9.jpg

bigdog5142

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
MI
I got the Zagg Glass. The cutouts are general like many of you have stated. They're not bad, but they're pretty open ended. It will get more precise.

The thing that REALLY gets me, though, is the width of the protector. It needs to be a bit wider. I installed it well without one bubble or speck underneath, however the protector is EXACTLY the width of the screen with no wiggle room. The left side is about .5 cm off and I get a "rainbow effect" on white screens. Not a big problem, but a bit annoying.

Good thing with Zagg is that they replace the protector, no questions asked. So...I'll wait a month for them to make the cutouts more precise and then do a warranty replacement.

Zagg is the way to go, IMO.

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
Any dry protector, glass or not, has to be cut this way or else the edges won't stick. It honestly doesn't both me. With the Zagg Glass I have it appears to be cut out properly but the bottom and some of the lower sides aren't staying down. I was dead on with the sides but was too low by probably a half a mm.

The problem with getting these installed properly is that the "U" shape cutouts aren't tight enough to know if you went too far and hit the curve of the glass until it's too late. The companies should try and fix that or even provide an install pattern for alignment on the 2nd film you take off after you are finished to help the user along.
It looks pretty good on the sides dead on but the bottoms do look like they aren't sticking that good upon looking closer. Anything smaller cut would probably just feel awkward.

I think I'm going wet too especially if the new S comes out next year with Sapphire and more RAM, helps resale value if I flip it.

rgusa8

macrumors member
Dec 29, 2013
I keep seeing people refer to going with the wet, what's the benefit of this as opposed to dry?

jlaw

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2007
Picked up the Invisible Shield glass at Best Buy but decided not to install it after I laid it down on the screen of my regular 6 and saw that it would not even cover the entirety of the black.

Instead I got the full Ghost Armor, installed at a mall kiosk by an employee with far more patience than me. I had it on my 5S and was pretty happy with it. The back film isn't the best though, it's one piece which wraps up and around to cover the sides and has issues sticking to the curves. I may cut it off or just go with only a front protector.

titans1127

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2009
I keep seeing people refer to going with the wet, what's the benefit of this as opposed to dry?
Biggest benefit is edge to edge protection. I also tend to not get dust underneath on these compared to dry installs.

edtorious

macrumors 65816
Aug 14, 2007
San Diego, California
Picked up the Invisible Shield glass at Best Buy but decided not to install it after I laid it down on the screen of my regular 6 and saw that it would not even cover the entirety of the black.

Instead I got the full Ghost Armor, installed at a mall kiosk by an employee with far more patience than me. I had it on my 5S and was pretty happy with it. The back film isn't the best though, it's one piece which wraps up and around to cover the sides and has issues sticking to the curves. I may cut it off or just go with only a front protector.

Does it cover the front? Do you have pics?

----------

Here's with screen on. The phone isn't with me right now to take one with case off.

Thanks jen, sorry to say but i'm not liking the screen protector for my taste.

arliu

macrumors regular
May 1, 2011
Just put on a PS AG on my iPhone 6.

Not too happy with the edges. Definitely missing 3mm off the sides. Need more coverage. It's obvious these were not cut right. Ugh. So sad.

Love PowerSupport but this first batch from the Soho store is botched. No Bueno.

Where did you find power support screen protectors? Website only does pre orders.

ijen0311

macrumors 65816
Jul 4, 2009
Does it cover the front? Do you have pics?
Thanks jen, sorry to say but i'm not liking the screen protector for my taste.

It's pretty basic, but 3 for $5 was worth a test drive. They do also make a regular (not anti-glare) version. I tend to go back and forth after I get sick of fingerprints :p

Kisey

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 9, 2010
It's pretty basic, but 3 for $5 was worth a test drive. They do also make a regular (not anti-glare) version. I tend to go back and forth after I get sick of fingerprints :p

Thanks for the photos. It doesn't look as bad as a tempered glass since regular protectors aren't as thick.

Eeko

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2010
Anybody thinking of just going naked. I'm super careful with my phone but I'm nervous about it.

rgusa8

macrumors member
Dec 29, 2013
Anybody thinking of just going naked. I'm super careful with my phone but I'm nervous about it.
After all the frustration today for me with incorrect protectors AND cases, I'm debating on just going naked with AppleCare+

Eeko

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2010
After all the frustration today for me with incorrect protectors AND cases, I'm debating on just going naked with AppleCare+
I upgraded with att next, so I feel I would be wasting money with Apple care. I plan on trading in/selling it 12 months from now.

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
Now hopefully anyone can post a nice wet screen protectors here so I can decide which one to get soon.

I am thinking of ordering a BSE like that they're waiting to get it right.

The Design
Our iPhone 6 Skins will be designed with the same high level of detail that you have come to expect from Best Skins Ever. It will be designed and test fit on an actual iPhone 6, not some Chinese plastic mold model. If you're looking at another protective cover that's already available for shipping, considering the current availability of the actual device, it's probably safe to assume it was not designed around a real iPhone 6 so good luck with the fit and finish.
http://www.bestskinsever.com/iphone-6-skins

Kisey

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 9, 2010
Ok I ended up putting my Xtremeguard on...might as well just use it temporarily.

34ihefp.jpg

walvero

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2008
6+ with Zagg Glass screen protector

Definitely a glass screen protector won't get you edge to edge protection. It's not that bad, I can probably deal with it. I do have a Skinomi full body protection coming in (the apple leather case is to protect the phone in the interim), but I don't know if I will install the front cover, those things are a pain to install. I'll just cover the back with the skin like I did with my iPad.

Attachments

• IMG_0414.jpg
    IMG_0414.jpg
    644.5 KB · Views: 489
  • IMG_0333.jpg
    IMG_0333.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 810

spazma7ik

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2009
My only worry with these glass protectors is that gunk and lint will get suck on the edges where the end of the class protector meets the screen, creating a little border. Ehhh.

bobbydd21

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2012
Here's with screen on. The phone isn't with me right now to take one with case off.

This looks pretty good! I also have the Zagg glass and the bottom u-part like yours is the only spot it hasn't completely stuck down. However, it is barely noticeable and for the most part I really like the screen protector. I don't even notice it at all, even the sides. The sides on the Zagg fit the screen portion perfectly.

JawneeWin

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2013

After being annoyed with Spigen's case, I'm thinking of buying AppleCare+ and just not use a screen protector too. lol

nathdogg

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2011
To be fair these SGP Crystal protectors only cost me £6 for 3x so yes they aren't a perfect fit but for the money I'm not complaining.

They will do for now until a better solution has been released.

I agree. I can live with them for now. The edges do make the screen feel a little rough, but I don't think it's something that will bother me.

What concerns me more is that I want to go without a case, I've always used my phones without cases but jeez this thing is hard to grip. I'm hoping it's just that I'm not used to the size as I'm coming from a 4S, but every time it handle it I feel like I'm going to drop it haha.

jkskrap

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2014
Beautiful SW Florida
I agree. I can live with them for now. The edges do make the screen feel a little rough, but I don't think it's something that will bother me.

What concerns me more is that I want to go without a case, I've always used my phones without cases but jeez this thing is hard to grip. I'm hoping it's just that I'm not used to the size as I'm coming from a 4S, but every time it handle it I feel like I'm going to drop it haha.

I know what you mean. With the rounded edges and being so darn thin, it is hard for my big fat fingers to even pick it up. At some time it is gonna bounce - or not bounce!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.