Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pravda

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2008
Philly
I've now had the case for almost two weeks and love it. It's my first wallet case as well. The slim form factor is the best part. It somehow makes the 6 Plus not look so big. My wife has the 6 in an otter box and her phone feels bulky compared to my Plus in this case. The wallet type does take some adjusting to, but now whenever I look at the open faced cases they all look so "messy" (for lack of better words). The Plus just looks so neat and slim in this case.

Thanks for the reply.

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida

I also have it, and I actually have used it multiple times.

It is very slippery, I hate the feel of it. Some sharp edges too.

Having to push on the bottom to lock it closed is a pain, and the cards don't stay stacked like someone mentioned.

That said, as a proof of concept... I love just grabbing my phone when I head into Disney. It does what I need (except I need to carry 3 cards really right now). I wish it was better made, and still plan on. Ordering myself the Incipio Stowaway.

I paid $14 for it from amazon/spigen. I wish I'd paid $10, but at $14 I kept it despite trying to cancel it. It does the job, just not in a great manner.

Eta: the first thing I do when I get home is put the apple silicone case back on. I really love that thing. There is just never a desire to use the spigen beyond the trip to the parks.

cjake

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014
Hi,

My Nodus arrived last week.
View attachment 509378

View attachment 509379

View attachment 509380

View attachment 509381

View attachment 509382

At first I was a bit disappointed. I expected it to be slimer, but I start loving it... This is really minimalistic, and the easy access to card is a + compared to my old bookbook...
Removing/sticking back the phone is super easy... Only the little closure is always dirty and not sticking anymore... Maybe this is my fat fingers :)
I got mine the same day you did.

But I haven't tried it out yet. I like the x-doria folio case I have. I put that case on my 6 Plus the same day I got the phone, and it hasn't been out of the case yet.

bOFFE1968

macrumors member
Oct 4, 2013
Wallet

I have bought this one. It might be to bulky, but i wanted to try it out. The removable magnetic case for the phone seems like a winner.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    405.6 KB · Views: 333

SA22C

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2010
Top Gear Test Track.
Xundd folio

I just got this Xundd folio yesterday morning and I'm super-happy with it. It's made of actual leather, feels great and grippy in the hand and has a few nice features:

- Magentic closure. There is a magnet embedded in the flap that is pretty decent. It's not quite as strong as an iPad smart cover but more than strong enough to keep the front closed.
- Full edge protection. The iPhone sits in a tpu case that is glued to the back flap. This case is snug, but flexible enough to easily insert and remove the phone. The best part is that there is no large bottom and top cut-out, all edges of the phone are protected. The cutouts for the mic, headphone jack, speaker and lighting cable are accurate and work with third-party chargers.

All-in-all, this is a pretty nice case. The only downside for those that actually want to store cards in their iPhone wallet/folio cases is the single card slot on the front flap. I never use these slots, so that's not a concern for me. I think you can still find this case on eBay and Amazon but they seem to be selling out quick. I got my locally from a coworker, but they appear to be very good value for the ~$15 asking price.

Attachments

• IMG_0002.JPG (4).JPG
    IMG_0002.JPG (4).JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 267
  • IMG_0003.JPG (4).JPG
    IMG_0003.JPG (4).JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 272
  • IMG_0004.JPG (4).JPG
    IMG_0004.JPG (4).JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 244
  • IMG_0005.JPG (4).JPG
    IMG_0005.JPG (4).JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 260
  • IMG_0007.JPG (3).JPG
    IMG_0007.JPG (3).JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 258

Suspended
Mar 15, 2008
Kavaj "Tokyo" leather case in Cognac for the 6 Plus.

I got this for the 6 and it is a very nice looking case. Pockets are tight but it'll loosen a bit over a time, though I hope not too much! A little disappointing as my building ID doesn't seem to work inside it. I still have to take it out of the slots to get it to work. I don't think this is a problem with the case though but likely the card itself. Still a bummer.

Synomenon

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2011
Ok, so I'm using the iLuv now. It's definitely large. It fits in the front pocket of my work pants (business casual type) and there's a noticeable, awkward bulge.

Sits fine in my inner coat pocket though and that's where I'd recommend carrying it.

I like that it actually has enough slots for all of my cards and that there are three larger pockets for things like folded bills, etc..

I do find the lack of a snap closure or elastic band (like the BookBook) kind of annoying when the case is closed since the loose cover moves around more than I thought it would. It's something that I'll easily get used to though.

The middle "divider" that has the extra card slots and protects the phones' screens, was a good idea. I've gotten marred / scratched screens before from cards continuously rubbing against the phones' screens.

Also, the ID slot does not have a transparent window. It's just a plain cutout over the first card slot so that you can see your ID.

It's overall a good case and wallet replacement. Two thumbs up from me.

Last edited:

Altruistic

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2014
Some things I'll be considering RE: folio/wallet type cases for my iPhone 6 Plus

I've had the opportunity to try a couple of wallet/folio type cases now that I've had my 6 Plus for few weeks now and I know what I am looking for with this type of case.
These are the first I've tried for any of my previous iPhones and I must say I don't now why I never tied then before. They are really sharp looking, without doubt, even the leather substitute version look nice. One thing I didn't think I would like (because it looked so gimmicky) but found very useful was the cover flap window that was on my Pasonomi case that I really wish my Kavaj and Boriyuan had. I found it so handy that I searched for a real leather version that actually has a top and bottom window (so waiting for yet another case...)
I really liked the built in TPU case of the Pasonomi compared to the Boriyuan which has a leather envelope (thumbs up for this and very ingenious!) for securing he phone, but I find it is not as sturdy feeling when I go to press the sleep button as with a solid TPU frame. The Boriyuan does have a great look and that awesome real leather feel.
I also like the magnetic closure that the Boriyuan has and I find myself more and more wishing Apple or anyone would make a iPhone 6 cover like their iPad covers that wake and sleep the device when opening and closing the cover. One thing about real leather: if not tooled properly or not cut large enough leather around the buttons can make for a poor experience when accessing those functions.
I am very hesitant to get a wallet folio that has pockets that would be against the screen of my phone. In my experiences with my iPad and MBP the screens can get impressions transferred onto them from constant rubbing, so I always try to get the pockets on the outside of the folio or will just not use them to avoid the possibility of this happening.
Speaker holes in the case cover...very handy and I don't like having to fold over the cover to talk on my phone.
Just my early impressions with this type of case and hope I can find the right balance eventually...:)

hamiltonrwatch

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2014
slightly right of left
The 3rd case I bought from them. They seem to hit my taste bud every time with new product. I love minimalist designs.
http://www.canaloo.com/collections/iphone-6-case-wallet-pelle

That's one of the nicer folio-style cases I've seen to date. Based on your post, I visited Canoo's site; love their colors:)

A couple of questions:

1) I see they have a card slot on the inside cover. I wouldn't be using this but have you experienced scratching issues on the screen as a result of this design?

2) Do you know what the frame holding the phone is made of; have you experienced any issues with scratching on the phone case?

3) Are these indeed leather? That price-point seems a bit too good to be true.

jcrmrr

macrumors newbie
Nov 26, 2008
Here's my special edition white portenzo case for my 6+.

Attachments

• IMG_1273.JPG
    IMG_1273.JPG
    484 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_1272.JPG
    IMG_1272.JPG
    514.9 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_1269.JPG
    IMG_1269.JPG
    523.8 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_1268.JPG
    IMG_1268.JPG
    486.7 KB · Views: 236
  • IMG_1267.JPG
    IMG_1267.JPG
    463.5 KB · Views: 219

hamiltonrwatch

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2014
slightly right of left
I have a folio-style for my 6+ on its way via a slow boat from China. If the specs match the merchandise, I'll be a happy camper:D A limited color selection, but I'm told by customers who purchased for their 4 and 5's, you get a lot of bang for the buck. As soon as I have it in my hand, I'll post pictures and a review.

Last edited:

From A Buick 8

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2010
Ky Close to CinCinnati
Thank you for the response, I think I am still going to give it a try. The idea is very good (for what I want out of a case). Since the 6/6plus is causing them to create a new one maybe it will address some of the issues, if nothing else it is bigger so the cards will not be as bunched up.

I will report back when I receive the case.

I received an email that my Dock Artisan case has shipped. That took a while I preordered back on 9/19. Hope it looks as well as it does on the website. Any other folks preorder from them and have you received your case yet?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.