Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Does it wobble?

• Yes

Votes: 37 29.8%
  • No

Votes: 87 70.2%

• Total voters

KdParker

macrumors 601
Oct 1, 2010
Everywhere
How would someone "prove" bending under 'normal' use?

Easy.

Design a mechanical test that applys a defined set of 'normal' stresses and repeat until this magical bending process starts.

A trend could easily be spotted.

Random reports or people saying they don't know how there phone was bent in not proof.

myztikal47

macrumors regular
Dec 4, 2007
It will not be an issue if you test on a straight table. IMO.

The same band of bending thread starters seem to come out every couple days or so, but time will tell.

10million + iphones and not one proven case of bending from 'normal' use

Lol, you seriously think I tested it on a crooked table? I would hope being in the profession I am in, I know what straight and level is.

You're right though, and that's why I tested it on many tables, at work and at home, including two glass tables. Wobble is there. I'm not here to throw blame or tell Apple I want it fixed or my money back. I'm just stating the fact that it exists on my phone and it doesn't bother me for now.

Surf Monkey

macrumors 603
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
There is nothing wrong with asking questions. A wobble and a bend are two vastly different issues. Bends are obvious, and occur near the volume rockers. The wobble is occurring from a twisting of the phone, not bending, thus they wobble in opposite corners.

Evidently there is something wrong with asking questions. Just look at all the vitriol that got flung my way for asking the exact same questions you did.

McDaddio

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2014
The whole point was to put the screen on the table. Of course the back will wobble.

How do you use the phone when you put the screen on the table?

I thought the point was to use the phone?

Do these people also check the balance of their tires every hour instead of driving the car?

Blorzoga

macrumors 68030
May 21, 2010
How do you use the phone when you put the screen on the table?

I thought the point was to use the phone?

Do these people also check the balance of their tires every hour instead of driving the car?

The point of the post was to determine whether your phone was slightly twisted or bent. Please learn to read.

Jayson A

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 16, 2014
Thanks OP. Mine has wobbled since I got it (SCREEN DOWN) and I didn't know how to fix it. Simple fix. Easy. No more wobble.

It's very easy to fix isn't it? It only too VERY LITTLE force to bend it back straight. That means it will take very little force to twist again in your pocket. That sucks.

fiveainone

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2011
Had mine in the apple leather case since opening. Never put in pocket, treated like a tofu. Took the case out to feel the phone, and there's the wobble. I'm pretty sure it happened when I applied some force putting the case on. Wish I had know about the wobblegate earlier. Half sarcasm.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.