Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which iPhone 6S/6S Plus Capacity will you select?

• Total voters

cmichaelb

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
Italy
I travel a lot so 128GB minimum for me. I don't want to have to rely on a data plan to access what ever I need.

128GB has worked pretty well for me on the iPhone 6.

ChinaRye

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2007
Washington, DC
With streaming services like Spotify, I have less need for storage. 64gb is the sweet spot since I have enough for apps and my favorite songs for when I don't have a data connection, like when I am flying.

XTheLancerX

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2014
NY, USA
I would looove if they made it 32GB/64GB/128GB. The current setup is much smarter from a business standpoint, but 16GB is unacceptable nowadays. I use 16GB devices only, by the way, and get by just fine. I would just really enjoy being able to take lots of pictures for example and not have to worry so much about sifting through and deleting the ones that aren't 100% perfect. Being able to store more apps if I wanted to would always be great. I have like 3.5GB left without trying too much, but I still need to watch what I'm doing, and that bugs me every so often.

Cole Slaw

macrumors 65816
Oct 6, 2006
Canada
32 Gb model.

That is definitely the sweet spot.
Haha, good luck finding that on a 6S model!

For myself, I won't be buying a 6S, my 6 plus isn't that old so I'll be waiting for the iPhone 7 (or perhaps an Android if there was something I find interesting at that time). Currently have 128 Gb model but would probably go for a 64 next time.

8rlee8

macrumors regular
Dec 4, 2013
Haha, good luck finding that on a 6S model!

For myself, I won't be buying a 6S, my 6 plus isn't that old so I'll be waiting for the iPhone 7 (or perhaps an Android if there was something I find interesting at that time). Currently have 128 Gb model but would probably go for a 64 next time.

6s models are rumored to start with 32gb. Seems like they might be in luck after all!

BlueGoldAce

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
I'll be going 64 most likely.

Left iOS for a while and moved to android. Picked up an iPhone the T-Mobile promotion, where you get the next iPhone at a reduced monthly rate if you bought the current iPhone. I wasn't willing to pay $100 down just to have more storage for a few months... So I am using 16gb for now until the next model.

Is doable, but tight. You don't have the luxury to save music offline, or at least that much better music, and you have to manage your photos and apps.

It's a pain for sure. 16 is pathetic for a high end phone

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
I currently have the 64GB 6 now and I love that I don't have to constantly delete photos/videos off my phone. This is coming from someone who had the 16GB models for years and got by just fine. But if I purchase the 6s, I'll be sticking with the 64GB model.

Gryfter

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

8rlee8

macrumors regular
Dec 4, 2013
Not near as many as the number who jumped on the 6 and 6+

Yes, but if you look at the infographic for launch weekend sales in that link you can see how each year Apple surpasses previous years. I wouldn't be surprised if Apple has a higher 6s launch weekend than the 6/6+. You have to keep in mind all the people who might be switching over from android as well, along with the 9 million that upgraded to the 5s.

Glideslope

macrumors 604
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
6s models are rumored to start with 32gb. Seems like they might be in luck after all!

IMO, that is no longer accurate. Unfortunately I believe the good information is saying 16/64/128. I had truly hoped Apple would step up and do the correct thing. However it looks like 16g is the entry point now. Forcing the upgrade to 64g. Hope I am wrong.However when 80% of your profits come from one device I guess you should screw the customers as much as possible. :apple:

BlueGoldAce

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
IMO, that is no longer accurate. Unfortunately I believe the good information is saying 16/64/128. I had truly hoped Apple would step up and do the correct thing. However it looks like 16g is the entry point now. Forcing the upgrade to 64g. Hope I am wrong.However when 80% of your profits come from one device I guess you should screw the customers as much as possible. :apple:

If you're right, then that is exactly what they are doing. No amount of blind loyalty (and i love my apple devices) can hide that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.