Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IconIc215

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2013
The more I keep reading about this the more it is starting to bother me. I wish I could get this resolved but no matter what exchange/return/repair will most likely yield the same result just to varying degrees.

Reactions: DoctorKrabs

Broadus

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2011
Upstate SC
I'm usually pretty persnickety about my screen (as well as other things), but I don't see anything amiss with my 6s, though I realize that most of the posts are about the Plus. I'm sure that it is irritating to those who do.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
Mine shows a blue tint everywhere and browsing MR it just seems like the whole page is blue. I'm beginning to hate blue and crave websites with zero blue on them. :(

LeLays

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2015
Old post deleted

Mea culpa. A few days ago I posted a picture (iPhone 6s screen) of what I thought was backlight bleed. It was not, that was just a faint transparency effect. Apologize for this.

Last edited:

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
I'm not seeing any issues with my S plus screen. Seriously been searching for all the defects mentioned and don't see anything. However, I can see one teeney weeney spec of dust under my screen protector. The rest of the install was excellent so I'll try to ignore it.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
I'm not seeing any issues with my S plus screen. Seriously been searching for all the defects mentioned and don't see anything. However, I can see one teeney weeney spec of dust under my screen protector. The rest of the install was excellent so I'll try to ignore it.
Can those with the problems show some photos?

MidnightSVT

macrumors regular
Dec 14, 2012
Hi All,
I wanted to chime in on this also. I was able to pick up a SG 64GB 6s+ on Monday and notice a slight blueish tint on the left hand side of the screen about halfway down all the way to the bottom. I have attached a pic. I had considered trying to return it, but after reading through the thread, I may not take a chance on getting a lesser quality screen. Like others, I really only notice it when viewing items on the phone with full length white backgrounds.

IMG_0004.jpg

Direct Link to Larger Image

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
And look at THIS ONE !

I returned it immediately. Damn, they sell it for 859 EUR and they advertise about perfection.

View attachment 593267

If you google for a 'black screen' and save the image, then go to your camera roll and open it fully, do you still see the same backlighting issues? I have a shocking screen when I'm calling someone in the phone app, or powering down the phone like in your attached image. However when I view a totally black photo I don't have the issue.

Hickycup

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2014
Saigon, Vietnam
Hello everyone,
I have the same problem too. There is a wavy black line on top of my screen. It's usually faint, but becomes clear when viewing with a full white background. This is really irritating.

Basti1900

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2016
I have the same issue with the shadow on the upper left corner of my 6s Plus. I noticed it a month after purchase. It is noticeable on dark colors such photos or Facebook app. On white color the display is perfect on the upper left corner but on dark color it show a shadow. Once you notice it is sort of annoying. Screen brightness does not help.
I ran a dead pixel training hd video on youtube. Did not help at all. Guess it has do do with the sceen background light and not the pixel itself.

This is a pity because I had screen lottery with my iPhone 6 adscale well beside loose display and other things. Now on the 6s Plus again.
I am really pissed of Apple quality. Totally overhyped. If I would not be locked in the Apple ecosystem with my photos etc. I´d be moving on already. May other manufacturers have also problems but at least half the price to pay!!

Basti1900

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2016
There's only one photo posted to this whole thread, and it literally shows nothing.
The OCD obsessing will never end.
[doublepost=1466960102][/doublepost]You see the "dots", right?

View attachment 637865
Voila! If you do not see it you are a very luck man who lives in the perfect Matrix ;-)
The image is not edited. Only cropped!

IMG_2405_full.jpg

IMG_2405.jpg

Basti1900

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2016
I hope you're joking, but sadly I don't think you are.

Maybe I should look over my 6s+ with a microscope too? CrApple probably put a pixel in crooked somewhere.

End of Story is that I've been visiting Apple Store in Munich. They have replaced my 6s plus with a brand new. They even offered to choose from two devices.

nickelro

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2013
End of Story is that I've been visiting Apple Store in Munich. They have replaced my 6s plus with a brand new. They even offered to choose from two devices.

My own 6s+ developed the same top left shadow back in March. Sadly I don't have an Apple Store in my country, so if I'd go to autorized service they'll swap the device with a refurbished one :-( Just out of curiosity, did the Apple Store in Munich replace yours with a brand new unit in sealed official box?

Last edited:

Basti1900

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2016
Just out of curiosity, did the Apple Store in Munich replace yours with a brand new unit in sealed official box?

To be honest the Apple guy just said new but the box was not a retail box but the usual card box they seem to use in the stroes for storage of replacement units. Could be refurbished as well but box was sealed and it had protectors on and was unscratched. I am guessing they have enough new unsold on stock since iPhone 7 is on the dawn.
Go contact Apple and ask for Exchange.

nickelro

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2013
Thanks for the reply! As I stated in my previous post, there are no Apple Retail Stores in my country and I prefer to settle with this cosmetic issue for another 1 - 2 months until 7 comes up instead of exchange the unit now at the Apple Authorized Service with one having a different IMEI/SN than the retail box (and risk a lower resale value).

Droidzoid

Suspended
Mar 30, 2014
To be honest the Apple guy just said new but the box was not a retail box but the usual card box they seem to use in the stroes for storage of replacement units. Could be refurbished as well but box was sealed and it had protectors on and was unscratched. I am guessing they have enough new unsold on stock since iPhone 7 is on the dawn.
Go contact Apple and ask for Exchange.

Your new one doesn't exhibit any sort of screen problems?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.