Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
I like it. If it works, why would you want to replace it?
(Isn't iPhone7 as the antenna line is in the same place as the iPhone6.)

_bgb

macrumors member
Mar 9, 2011
London
Hi All,

I just had my 6S Plus replaced due to a screen problem, just setting up the new one and I noticed that the power and volume buttons look different.. there is a chamfer around the buttons and more of a gap.

Has anyone seen this before? Have Apple refined the button design or something since the launch version I had before?

eKFbAoE.jpg

XFAo4Q7.jpg

that is a slim looking case you got there.. same looking as my Spigen Air when case is on...or near enough..

or is it just me thinking we have been played?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
that is a slim looking case you got there.. same looking as my Spigen Air when case is on...or near enough..

or is it just me thinking we have been played?
I don't know, the side-by-side comparison in a later post doesn't seem to show a case. The silent switch also doesn't seem like the other buttons--seems normal--which wouldn't be like that with a case, even a slim one.

Reactions: Alexrat1996

onepoint

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2010
USA
Weird -- I had my iPhone 6s replaced a couple of weeks ago, and mine is the same as your replacement. I hadn't even noticed.

Reactions: BigMcGuire

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
Strange, you'd think those larger chambers means that they'd have to machine cut out larger holes for that. Definitely unique. My 6s+ is similar to the one on the right (non chambered).

If I had a unique 6s+ I'd probably keep it, but I'd definitely ask the store what they thought next time I was there.

Edit: I assume the screen looks a little weird because of a tempered glass screen protector?

onepoint

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2010
USA
Quick picture

Edit: again this is a 6s 64GB (I believe it's a refurb) that I received July 8th in exchange for a 6s that was giving me some pretty strange battery-related issues

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 189
Last edited:
Reactions: BigMcGuire

itsray

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2016
my 2 month old 6s plus kinda looks like that on the volume side. but not on the sleep/wake button

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.