Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pika2000

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 22, 2007
There are lines showing on my 6S' LCD. It was bought last year, and still under warranty.
My question is, if I bring it for service, will I simply get a "new" 6S or will it need to be "repaired"? The reason I ask is this is my daily driver, so I cannot really go without the iPhone. I had battery replacement on my iPhone 5 and it was done within a few hours. I would think LCD repair would take longer than just a few hours.

Anybody can share their experience?

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
All depends on the Apple store. They might just hand you a refurbished phone and send you on your way or they could ask you to wait while they fix it. If not busy it should not take but 30 minutes to replace the screen if that is the problem.

pika2000

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 22, 2007
All depends on the Apple store. They might just hand you a refurbished phone and send you on your way or they could ask you to wait while they fix it. If not busy it should not take but 30 minutes to replace the screen if that is the problem.
Will it be that quick? I mean seeing the adhesive on the phone from ifixit videos, I am curious if the "repair" is doable at store level.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Will it be that quick? I mean seeing the adhesive on the phone from ifixit videos, I am curious if the "repair" is doable at store level.

It all depends on how busy the repair people in the back are. There is a possibility they will not be able to fix and you will have to wait for another day. If I were you I would call the Apple store as they are the only ones who can answer that question.

barry.wiestling

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014

I had screen issues and I took my 6S in and they replaced the screen in the back and didn't give me a different device. It took them about an hour and a half because they were a little backed up but I just walked around the mall until it was ready to pick up. The screen has been flawless since.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
It shouldn't take more than an hour to repair the screen done by Apple. But as above, it depends on how backed up they are and how many technicians are in the back. You do have the option on waiting or they may tell you to come back in a few hours.

megagene

macrumors member
Feb 25, 2016
I've had my screen replaced twice now. The first time it took them three hours. The second time, it was done in an hour and a half. I just did some shopping, went back to the Apple store, and BAM! New screen.

Reactions: Goatllama

Bhs1975

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2012
Don't forget to back up your phone and wipe it out. I took mine in to get the screen swapped and they bricked it so they swapped it with a service one and I didn't wipe it and I got a call later from the refurbishing center that my old phone was icloud locked with my stuff still on it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.