Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jimbob4

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2014
I was just double checking my account which told me my account is ready for a next trade in upgrade, however when I clicked on upgrade it told me that the only way I could upgrade was to pay the entire amount off I owed. I started a chat session with ATT and the support lady told me that this was due to the system updating ahead of the pre order and that it should be fixed/updated by then :(

NewdestinyX

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2007
The ATT app doesn't seem to have a splash page yet..

But remember last year ATT app went live at 11:51 PDT.. Killed the Apple App by 10 minutes!! My checkout email said 11:53 PDT.

Reactions: humouran

Steve686

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2007
US>FL>Miami/Dade>Sunny Isles Beach>Condo
Last year, there was an option in the upgrade process to "transfer" eligibility from a different line in your account to the line you wished to upgrade. I am not seeing that option this time. Is that not possible now?
I've searched for it, too. Not found yet, if still available.

I paid off line 1 which has no current phone on it. I am using line 2.

If you go through Apple's website and have ATT for the upgrade, they will send you a text to whatever line you are upgrading. Be sure to have an active phone to receive that text or else you can not proceed.

Hope this tidbit helps someone who may not know.
[doublepost=1473399923][/doublepost]
Still trying to figure out if I should go att.com or Apple.com
Try all 3 simultaneously.

This includes, ATT app/online, Apple Online, Apple iOS App.

Whatever opens up first, use it.

LLL1424

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2005
Washington, D.C.
I was just double checking my account which told me my account is ready for a next trade in upgrade, however when I clicked on upgrade it told me that the only way I could upgrade was to pay the entire amount off I owed. I started a chat session with ATT and the support lady told me that this was due to the system updating ahead of the pre order and that it should be fixed/updated by then :(

Omg, I am having panic attacks....I thought I was the only one. I am having the same exact issue! I get a message saying;

"Sorry, but this device can't be used as an AT&T Next Upgrade at this time.
You may still be eligible for an upgrade if you Pay Off the device below."

I don't get it. I'm eligible!!! I don't really believe the whole " system is being updated" story. I was told the same thing over chat.

jimbob4

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2014
Omg, I am having panic attacks....I thought I was the only one. I am having the same exact issue! I get a message saying;

"Sorry, but this device can't be used as an AT&T Next Upgrade at this time.
You may still be eligible for an upgrade if you Pay Off the device below."

I don't get it. I'm eligible!!! I don't really believe the whole " system is being updated" story. I was told the same thing over chat.

Yeah, I thought the same thing. However, she reassured me that she talked to her manager and I would have no troubles come pre order launch time.

hansokl

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2012
I have the ATT app open but will try through there, app store app, and app store website. I have the 6+ and did a 2 year contract to get the cheaper price. Looks like I have 4 days on my contract still but was planning to pay full price anyway so not dealing with next.

NewdestinyX

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2007
Love the AT&T preorder countdown clock!!
8c039ce3c2d0504f6c2a7f5abd0ebbd3.jpg

NewdestinyX

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2007
Argh...won't let me log into my at&t. Keeps dumping me at the screen with the countdown and everything.

They won't even let me prepare!
Should have done that a while ago.. But it's a very fast streamlined process on the app on preorder night. Just have your credit card out and ready if not already stored on the site..

BlueDragon22

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2015
Cleveland, OH
Should have done that a while ago.. But it's a very fast streamlined process on the app on preorder night. Just have your credit card out and ready if not already stored on the site..
I did the 6s+ on Verizon last year. Worst night of my life. Everything went wrong. I'm praying that it's much easier with at&t.

NewdestinyX

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2007
I did the 6s+ on Verizon last year. Worst night of my life. Everything went wrong. I'm praying that it's much easier with at&t.
Both Apple site and AT&T's sites have had problems over the last several years. I've been smooth though for three years on the AT&T app. And many people are flocking to the Apple Store. AT&T store will definitely have less stock of the most popular phone the jet black 128… But if you get right on take things nice and slow you'll be fine. Last year The app was live at 2:51 AM.. Possibly only two minutes to go.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.