Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tugging

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 16, 2021
Recently had a third party repair For my iPhone 7+, i had the battery changed at a local store, which seems silly now looking back, as i should of gone to apple like my gut told me to.

after the battery repair i can only turn the phone on while it is plugged in, and when i remove the charger the phone dies not long after, does anyone have any advice on how to fix this?

Fred Zed

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2019
Florida Unfortunately
Recently had a third party repair For my iPhone 7+, i had the battery changed at a local store, which seems silly now looking back, as i should of gone to apple like my gut told me to.

after the battery repair i can only turn the phone on while it is plugged in, and when i remove the charger the phone dies not long after, does anyone have any advice on how to fix this?
Did this issue occur immediately after battery replacement?

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
Take it back to the shop that messed up your phone. But then again you'd be tempting fate and if they open it again that might be the end of it.

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
Take it back. That’s exactly what you can end up with letting random folks work inside a pocket computer.

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
Hope they can fix it for you. Ask nice but determined to get a solution.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.