Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stacked

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 9, 2012
Hello everyone. So we pretty much all know that the iPhone 7 is going to continue with an LCD display for another year. I really don't care for the dual camera, thinness, removal of the headphone jack or stereo speakers.

My only concern is if they'll bump the display resolution up from 1080p specifically for the plus model. Has anyone read or heard any theories as to why they may increase it or keep it the same? Even if they do increase it, is the difference between 1080p and higher resolutions on LCD's that noticeable? Thanks!

Channan

macrumors 68030
Mar 7, 2012
New Orleans
They wont increase it and its not needed.
It will be if and when Apple desides to enter the VR market, unless they plan on releasing a standalone device that costs just as much as the iPhone.

Actually, that's what I see them doing so never mind.

Without VR, 1080p is perfectly fine on a 5.5" display. I'll take the slightly less detailed display for the greatly improved performance and battery life.

Reactions: Stacked

Sunny1990

Suspended
Feb 13, 2015
I don't think they will bump the 1080p display on plus model. It's already crisp and unnoticeable pixels

Reactions: IronH4WK
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.