Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Daranx

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2016
London
That is pretty sweet!

I'm kinda wishing I had gone with the black rather than the stealth black Synthesis case after seeing this review:

Any updates on compatible E2E screen protectors with these Caudabe cases? I've just ditched the Smash-it one and gone for the Nextec curved 3D one on my iPhone 7 and it's quite a good fit with the Sheath case with NO gap all around. If I squeeze the sides of the case pretty hard then it slightly lifts the SP but then it sticks right back once I stop squeezing. You'll have to have a perfect install to avoid issues but I'm pretty happy with it.

bmdub

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2012
Knoxville, TN
That is pretty sweet!

I'm kinda wishing I had gone with the black rather than the stealth black Synthesis case after seeing this review:

Any updates on compatible E2E screen protectors with these Caudabe cases? I've just ditched the Smash-it one and gone for the Nextec curved 3D one on my iPhone 7 and it's quite a good fit with the Sheath case with NO gap all around. If I squeeze the sides of the case pretty hard then it slightly lifts the SP but then it sticks right back once I stop squeezing. You'll have to have a perfect install to avoid issues but I'm pretty happy with it.

I really liked the camera cut out of the Sheath otherwise I would have gone with the Synthesis. Blue is my favorite color and I really like the blue on black. I got the black just to switch it up every now and then. I have the Zagg Sapphire on as well. There is a small gap between the case and the protector. I do not really recommend the Sapphire, however. I am pretty let down by it. Will probably "downgrade" back to the Glass soon.

Kjung7

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2013
Just got my black sheath.

First of all excellent customer service. I had given them the wrong shipping address and they were able/willing to fix it even after the shipping label was created. All it took was one email. Great customer support!

I'm usually not a fan of soft/tpu style cases. The Sheath is kind of a tpu case, but much better. Yes the overall case is pliable and soft but it gives a sense of quality. Usually TPU cases don't feel great in the hand, but the Sheath feels great and brings more grip to the phone. Some tpu cases improve the grip with a tacky material, but Caudabe uses a soft matte material that somehow still has good grip.

Fit and finish are excellent. The camera cutout is awesome and has just enough lip to protect the lens cover. The case also keeps the phone really thin. It's even thinner than the Apple cases. The case still gives me a peace of mind since all comers and sides are protected. Also there is a slight lip around the screen that would protect it during a drop. The lip is really slight and does not interfere with side swipe gestures.

The only downside I wish the sides and bottom of the case were a little stiffer, but it's still better than most soft shell like cases. If they had made it stiffer it probably would have made the case thicker and harder to remove. Overall I'm really liking it and it has replaced my Apple leather case. If you want some protection but like minimalistic cases this is the one for you.

Last edited:

bigbadyq

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2016
That is pretty sweet!

able to show some photos of your iPhone 7 plus with the Sheath case and your E2E screenprotector?

DJLAXL

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2014
UT
Throwing my vote in for the Caudabe Veil XT as well. Excellent case. Use it for everyday use, switch between the black and saddle brown leather for nights out on the town.

Daranx

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2016
London
able to show some photos of your iPhone 7 plus with the Sheath case and your E2E screenprotector?
I have the 4.7' iPhone 7, not the Plus, but here are a few pics:

FullSizeRender 2.jpg

IMG_0020.JPG FullSizeRender 4.jpg FullSizeRender.jpg

DK1ng

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2011
Seattle
Just got my Tozo case from Amazon for my 7 plus and fits my needs perfectly. No branding, can see the Apple logo of the phone in some angles or enough lighting, and so thin! Feels like there is almost nothing there. Very precise cut outs but we will see how long this case lasts.

Reactions: blaine07

dannyTO

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2014
Toronto
Anyone experience slow shipping from Caudabe? My order was shipped on Nov 8th and it has barely moved. Ontop of that, the tracking is messed up on USPS. I gotta use some other website to even show anything

Reactions: MILH0U5E

Kjung7

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2013
Anyone experience slow shipping from Caudabe? My order was shipped on Nov 8th and it has barely moved. Ontop of that, the tracking is messed up on USPS. I gotta use some other website to even show anything

I got my Sheath within 3 days of ordering

I would call Caudabe they have excellent customer service

Last edited:

Daranx

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2016
London
Mine took over 2 weeks to the UK, including the time it took to be processed by customs and me paying the extra customs charges. I was able to track the parcel within the UK by using the same USPS tracking number on the Royal Mail website. Maybe try that with your native delivery service and see if it picks it up.

Daranx

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2016
London
Caudabe Black Friday sale has started with 35% off everything this week... code: BLACKFRIDAYSPECIAL

thelookingglass

macrumors 68020
Apr 27, 2005
Just got my black sheath.

First of all excellent customer service. I had given them the wrong shipping address and they were able/willing to fix it even after the shipping label was created. All it took was one email. Great customer support!

I'm usually not a fan of soft/tpu style cases. The Sheath is kind of a tpu case, but much better. Yes the overall case is pliable and soft but it gives a sense of quality. Usually TPU cases don't feel great in the hand, but the Sheath feels great and brings more grip to the phone. Some tpu cases improve the grip with a tacky material, but Caudabe uses a soft matte material that somehow still has good grip.

Fit and finish are excellent. The camera cutout is awesome and has just enough lip to protect the lens cover. The case also keeps the phone really thin. It's even thinner than the Apple cases. The case still gives me a peace of mind since all comers and sides are protected. Also there is a slight lip around the screen that would protect it during a drop. The lip is really slight and does not interfere with side swipe gestures.

The only downside I wish the sides and bottom of the case were a little stiffer, but it's still better than most soft shell like cases. If they had made it stiffer it probably would have made the case thicker and harder to remove. Overall I'm really liking it and it has replaced my Apple leather case. If you want some protection but like minimalistic cases this is the one for you.

This. Big fan of the Sheath and Caudabe the company in general. I had the Sheath on my 6s and loved it. The 7 is even better because it's grippier and just looks more elegant. Love what they did with the design around the camera lens. I've got the black on a black iPhone and it's a slam dunk in my book. Very slim but still enough protection.

mackie8

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2014
guys .. which one is better grip? caudabe veil XT or the silk grip case? looking for minimalist grippy case for my 7+

Daranx

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2016
London
guys .. which one is better grip? caudabe veil XT or the silk grip case? looking for minimalist grippy case for my 7+
Silk Grip case will definitely have more grip but its a bigger case all-round and a bit more weighty. Depends on how thin you want your case, but in terms of grip it's much better than the veil.

danny8200

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2014
Chicopee, MA
Silk Grip case will definitely have more grip but its a bigger case all-round and a bit more weighty. Depends on how thin you want your case, but in terms of grip it's much better than the veil.

Agreed. The Silk is more grippy but larger than the Veil.

Can't really compare the two actually.

kingston73

macrumors 65816
Dec 23, 2015
I'm not usually a minimal case type but I took a chance and ordered the caudabe synthesis and have to say, I like it. I was initially ready to send it back but after using it a day it's grown on me, perfect fit and not noticeable. I have a D&P e2e protector on and it fits perfect, can't tell theres a screen protector on at all.

HickDead

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2011
I've purchased about a dozen cases from Caudabe Sheath to UAG to Spigen to Caseology to Pelican and so on - but I've sold them all and have stuck with the Evutec AER series.

This is the case I've always comes back to and my search for the "perfect" iPhone 7 case is finally over.

Perfect combination of size (minimal, low profile), weight (very light), grip/feel (non-slippery) protection (military standard rated), looks (sexy carbon fiber) and material (Kevlar, which is scratch resistant).

Also a metal plate is integrated into the case for magnetic mounting (included with my case).

Couldn't ask for anything else. Highly recommended.

Reactions: Li-Ion

Happer

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2016
I don't know, but I love my lighter case very much. It's for ZVE cigarette lighter case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.