Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England
The iPhone 7 will be boring. All that's new is a dual camera system, Smart Connector, a slight tweak in the design (no antenna lines across the back of the device, but they'll still remain along the very top and bottom), a slimmer Lightning Connector, a possible new Home button, possible twin-speakers and a higher screen resolution.

Oh and the smaller things, bigger or increased battery life, new chips and iOS 10/X. See, nothing new at all. Oh and if the iPhone 7 doesn't please you, no-one is forcing you to buy it, right?

Last edited:

iThingsGurl

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2014
Canada
I can already hear Phil Schiller at the keynote:

"The most advanced phone ever. 5,5", 16GB and no headphone jack while maintaining the exact same dimensions of the phone. That's something only Apple can do"

And "Almost 1.5% thinner than the... Er... Sorry my bad".

Reactions: Col4bin

iThingsGurl

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2014
Canada
It's also a good idea to release a iPhone 6ss when your company is having troubled times keeping marketshare and profits up.

Which is why they decided to launch iPhone SE so on their Q1 2017 call they can say x million iPhones sold, but they'll never say which iPhones were sold more.

TheShadowKnows!

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2014
National Capital Region
I can already hear Phil Schiller at the keynote:

"The most advanced phone ever. 5,5", 16GB and no headphone jack while maintaining the exact same dimensions of the phone. That's something only Apple can do"

While showing his ever-increasing blubber, with shirt tails out.

[Steve Jobs must have been been under deep, dissociative drugs when letting this motley executive crew steward the next-gen Apple.]

newdeal

macrumors 68030
Oct 21, 2009
this is good news actually because it might mean that they could make it much thinner but instead will make it the same and increase the battery life by a large margin. Now THAT would be a feature that would get people to buy it

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
So the progression will be like this, for 4.7" iphones:

2014: iPhone 6
2015: iPhone 6S
2016: iPhone 6SE
2017: iPhone 7

I am personally okay with 3 year major update cycle. Cellphones are not advancing as quickly as they used to and Apple can focus on software features and iterative hardware improvements (e.g., faster processor and wireless, longer battery life, better camera, a couple of few hardware features).

Perhaps Apple will add more colors? Blue and green perhaps? And do a better job camouflaging antenna bands.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.