Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

novakjos

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2014
New Jersey
Have had the problem since day 1...today was the first day where I experienced no drops using Waze on the way to work. North Jersey here. Dropped to 1 dot of LTE while passing exits 45, 49, 50, and 53 on rt. 287 but never lost LTE and never lost service.

Using 10.1 pb2 with carrier 26.0. I will still wait a few days before I conclude victory but the results look promising! Also, the only "fixes" I had ever attempted were the reset network settings (no effect) and turning LTE voice off (effective but no LTE voice/simultaneous voice+data). I never messed around with the settings on the verizon website. I toggled LTE Voice + Data back on and then installed the beta profile/updated.

So far so good!

file0

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2016
iPhone 7 Plus on VZW here. I've been having the same problem as everyone else. On my commute to work, it will always drop from LTE straight to No Service (with GPS drop out), at least 1-3 times. Just thought I'd share my two cents:

- iOS 10.0.1 has the issue (Carrier 25.1?)
- iOS 10.1 public beta 1 has the issue (Carrier 25.5)
- Reseating SIM had no effect.
- Reset Network Settings had no effect.
- Power Cycle has no effect.
- Force Reboot (Vol Down + Power) has no effect.
- Switching LTE to Data Only was the only workaround, but that meant voice calls + GPS or streaming music wouldn't work. Not a satisfactory solution.

But with iOS 10.1 public beta 2, the issue seems to be fixed (Carrier 26.0). Commute this morning had no issues. That's a very good sign. Eager to see if it keeps up. I'm cautiously optimistic that beta 2 has fixed the issue.

Reactions: jkozlow3

djinn

macrumors 68000
Oct 4, 2003
My drive to work with google maps going was flawless. No drops in signal. This is with 10.1 b2.
[doublepost=1475759477][/doublepost]
SO frustrated. Cannot log on to the Beta website from my iPhone to download the Beta.
Are you using your email address to login?

coreynyc

macrumors member
Sep 3, 2008
Yes, my Apple ID & password. I can log in no problem with my MacBook. But on my iPhone 7, I log in & nothing happens (spinning wheel next to wi fi symbol & blue progress bar underwear address doesn't move.

UPDATE: Did Force Reboot. Now able to download

My drive to work with google maps going was flawless. No drops in signal. This is with 10.1 b2.
[doublepost=1475759477][/doublepost]
Are you using your email address to login?

Reactions: novakjos

djinn

macrumors 68000
Oct 4, 2003
Yes, my Apple ID & password. I can log in no problem with my MacBook. But on my iPhone 7, I log in & nothing happens (spinning wheel next to wi fi symbol & blue progress bar underwear address doesn't move.

UPDATE: Did Force Reboot. Now able to download

Awesome!!!!

jkozlow3

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2008
So far, 10.1 B2 with the 26.0 carrier update sounds promising based on reports of many people here as well as on the UK thread where many people have had similar issues with the UK carrier "Three".

I'm not generally a fan of installing beta versions, but I may have to install the public beta later today if things are still looking good. Keep the reports coming!

audiofx

macrumors regular
Feb 26, 2009
NYC
I'm on beta 2 10.1 sadly in Long Island city NYC , dropping still had it happen twice . So far seems a tad less frequent but time will tell

Maarked

macrumors member
Mar 6, 2011
Just tried to send a dictation text and it failed, when I looked up the phone was in no service, also had no service when I arrived at work.

However it was otherwise flawless on the drive in to work, and worked at a location where is almost always went into no service.

Don't think beta 2 is the answer...

Ken1222

macrumors member
May 16, 2011
Havre de Grace, Md
I unboxed my iPhone 7 last night and this morning on way to work went from 3 bars LTE to 1, then back to 3 before going to 1x and then 3G. After arriving at work, it went back to LTE. My iPhone 5 used to maintain a solid 3-4 bars on the same route.
I called Verizon and rep told me that some Vz techs are speculating it might be internal antenna issue (hardware, not software), but they have heard nothing concrete from Apple.
She also told me that Vz will not replace the phone for this issue, although if I made a stink I am sure I'd get a new one. Guess I will wait until we see if 10.1 fixes the problem.
<missing my old reliable iPhone 5...>

CEaton

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2016
I'm still having pretty bad call quality on 10.1 beta 2 with Carrier 26.0, don't think we are out of the woods yet.

Smileyboy

macrumors 65816
Aug 6, 2008
You *just* upgraded? Yet you can definitively say that your issues are fixed? Seems like a premature statement unless you've been running 10.1 B2 for at least 1-2 days.
*just* =recently

I have had the update for a full day. I travel all over Denver for work. No issues in all the normal spots and especially at home where it has been the worst... 1x and 3G. Works as it should now.

jkozlow3

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2008
*just* =recently

I have had the update for a full day. I travel all over Denver for work. No issues in all the normal spots and especially at home where it has been the worst... 1x and 3G. Works as it should now.

Good news! Thanks for clarifying. I'm in the CO Springs area and have had issues down here as well as in Denver myself. Thinking of installing the beta.

swandy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2012
Update. Did the Beta 10.1/Verizon 26.0 update last night and turned back on Voice and Data using LTE. Since then I have not had any no service or dropping to 3G. And this morning I drove from our house in NJ (Monroe Township 08831) through Staten Island and into Brooklyn using the Apple Maps program the entire way (about 1 and a half hours including stops) and never got the dreaded "No Signal" indicated.
Was a bit disappointed that even though it was a steady LTE signal in our house it only went between a usual 2 dots and sometimes 3 dots. But then again, standing next to my wife's iPhone 6 (running iOS 10.0.2 and Verizon 25.1) she was also getting 3 dots, so perhaps that is the level of service in our area.
So....I guess Apple and Verizon are making progress in solving the issue. Will try again on the ride back home.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
Took the baby to the doctors today after installing beta 2 last night. Everything worked fine (2-3 dots of LTE in a know good coverage area) up until I left. I was out in the parking lot, got in the car and looked at the phone. It said no service. It stayed that way until I toggled cellular data off and on again and immediately picked up 3 dots of LTE.

So no, beta 2 does NOT fix the issue.

djinn

macrumors 68000
Oct 4, 2003
Took the baby to the doctors today after installing beta 2 last night. Everything worked fine (2-3 dots of LTE in a know good coverage area) up until I left. I was out in the parking lot, got in the car and looked at the phone. It said no service. It stayed that way until I toggled cellular data off and on again and immediately picked up 3 dots of LTE.

So no, beta 2 does NOT fix the issue.

Damn you and your bad news!! Just kidding. Thank you for the update.

Reactions: 0r30
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.