Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TrumpWon!

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 10, 2017
with what was announced today. Would you rather buy a 7plus or an 8 plus. Given their storage, specs, and price. I'm not talking about the iPhone X here.

I have a 6 plus 128 gb and looking to upgrade.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Currently have 7 Plus and upgrading to the 8 Plus (might get the X later to try it out).

AllergyDoc

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2013
Utah, USA
Tough to say with no real world experience with the 8+. I'm having a great experience with my 7+, 128GB and plan on staying with it into next year. Next year, I'm thinking I'll get the 8+ when it drops $100-200.

need a new phone

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2017
with what was announced today. Would you rather buy a 7plus or an 8 plus. Given their storage, specs, and price. I'm not talking about the iPhone X here.

I have a 6 plus 128 gb and looking to upgrade.

I have purchased an iphone 7 5 weeks ago and have never been able to have good quality calls. No matter who I speak to or where I am the receivers cannot hear me. It fades in and out and is garbled. I have left voicemails for folks who say they cannot understand me and other calls where people politely say they cannot hear me. It's embarrassing, humiliating and unacceptable for a brand new apple iphone that cost $700. I have worked with apple support for hours, got a new phone-no improvement. Went to Verizon several times and they say it is a software problem. Gave me a new sim card. It worked for one call and then back to garbled. Please please if anyone can help me. I want a phone I can be heard on. It is more than 14 days so I cannot get my money back or any resolution. I did all the suggested troubleshooting. I believe there is a bad batch of iphone 7s out there.

Ironman1964

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2014
I'm going to "upgrade"to the 8+ from the 7+, just to keep having the newest model. I was hooped up about the X until the November release. I don't like that it will throw my 12 month upgrade cycle off for next year

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I'm going to "upgrade"to the 8+ from the 7+, just to keep having the newest model. I was hooped up about the X until the November release. I don't like that it will throw my 12 month upgrade cycle off for next year

This. I upgrade annually anyway. And the fact that the iPhone X is due to come out in November, It's like I will own iPhone X less than a year, especially given the price point. But, I still plan upgrade to the iPhone X, even though I own the iPhone 7 Plus, which is still a great phone. But I think the iPhone 8 is still a great upgrade for those who have an older iPhone model under the iPhone 7.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.