Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alexrat1996

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 29, 2015
Lehigh valley PA
I have question would they do the iPhone 7 preorders on a Saturday or Friday ?

Will they keep the same time for preorder 12 pst and 3 am est since I live in Pennsylvania ?

Which is the fastest way to preorder the iPhone 7 in your past experience ordering iPhones online ?

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
The day the iPhone goes up for pre-order all depends on Apple. Typically in the past iPhone pre-orders have gone up on Friday. All iPhone pre-orders have gone live at 12:00 PST/3:00 AM EST. The fastest really all depends. If your intentions are purchase at full price with an update to your current phone or full price bypassing the carrier all together then Apple's website is the way to go. If your intention is to pay the subsidized price , then the carrier is the way to go.

Reactions: Alexrat1996

Alexrat1996

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 29, 2015
Lehigh valley PA
I will be doing AT&T next via apple online App if that's faster but last year preorder was on a Saturday I hope they do it again on Saturday

Trickhot3102

macrumors 6502
Dec 21, 2013
Hey guys quick question...I have a 5s that is off contract (Verizon) do I preorder a Verizon iPhone 7, or an unlocked version and put my sim in it?

Sorry to piggyback on your post, OP. I put up a post but nobody is answering lol

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
So 3 am EST since I''m on the east coast thanks

Correct. yes
[doublepost=1469899055][/doublepost]
Hey guys quick question...I have a 5s that is off contract (Verizon) do I preorder a Verizon iPhone 7, or an unlocked version and put my sim in it?

Sorry to piggyback on your post, OP. I put up a post but nobody is answering lol

Since your iPhone is off contract you could go ether way. Apple recently updated their iPhone buy page so you can buy your iPhone full price without dealing with Verizon. just put your sim inside

Trickhot3102

macrumors 6502
Dec 21, 2013
Correct. yes
[doublepost=1469899055][/doublepost]

Since your iPhone is off contract you could go ether way. Apple recently updated their iPhone buy page so you can buy your iPhone full price without dealing with Verizon. just put your sim inside

Sweet! Yeah my contract expired in June, so I'm free now! Lol. So an unlocked version would be the best way to go? That way I could just put my sim in the new phone. Idk if you'd know, but does apple usually offer an unlocked version from launch?

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
Sweet! Yeah my contract expired in June, so I'm free now! Lol. So an unlocked version would be the best way to go? That way I could just put my sim in the new phone. Idk if you'd know, but does apple usually offer an unlocked version from launch?

Since carriers began offering full price, my answer would be yes. As mentioned before Apple update their iPhone buy page. Once you select your carrier the bottom of the page you will se pay in full unlocked

Trickhot3102

macrumors 6502
Dec 21, 2013
Since carriers began offering full price, my answer would be yes. As mentioned before Apple update their iPhone buy page. Once you select your carrier the bottom of the page you will se pay in full unlocked

I looked on the upgrade program page and I'm a little confused. So you can pay in full for an unlocked iPhone every year. But what's the point? Because I would just buy it outright for the full price every time without AppleCare. Or is the point of it so that I would get an unlocked version from launch?

Alexrat1996

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 29, 2015
Lehigh valley PA
What the order limit on the iPhones how many is possible to order ?

I plan to order two iPhone 7 64 Gb and 128 GB in September

Is the limit purchase 2 per customer ?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.