Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dyasten

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 24, 2016
I went to somewhere (23rd of December, Brussels time) and hadn't got my Lightning cable with me. At 5 PM my battery was around 20%. Because I hadn't got my cable with me I powered off my iDevice to save the battery that still was available. After an hour I needed something that I wrote earlier in the Notes app. So I powered my iDevice on and got the info I needed. When I was done the battery was around 15% and I powered it back off. When I got home 5 hours later I connected my iPhone with the Lightning cable and put it on the wall socket. It powered on, I saw the Apple logo on the screen but right after that it shuts down. I put the iPhone in Recovery mode and let it charge the whole night. The day after, it was the same story all over: I exit Recovery mode, powered my iPhone on, Apple logo, black screen, powered of by itself, powers on, Apple logo, ... and this continuously.

I connected my iPhone to my Windows computer running the latest version of iTunes (12.5.4.42) and it recognized my iPhone in Recovery mode and asked me to update restore or wipe restore (clean install). Because my local backup was from a month ago I first wanted to try update restore. Before this my iPhone was running iOS 10.1.1. iTunes started to download iOS 10.2 and after that I saw iTunes saying "Connecting to iPhone ...". My iPhone restarted, black screen, connect to iTunes screen and it throw back an error code in iTunes: 4013.

I contacted Apple Support and told them everything. They gave me info on when an automatic iCloud backup was made and luckily it was made on the 21st. So I could safely do a clean install/restore. I clicked restore in iTunes and it began restoring. But ... it was the same result: My iPhone restarted, black screen, connect to iTunes screen and it throw back an error code in iTunes: 4013.

I tried different Lightning cables and USB ports but all same result: error 4013.

How could I solve this problem? Also would it be a software problem or a hardware problem?

I hope I provide you with detailed information of my problem and hope the community or Apple itself can help me with this.

Thanks in advance!

(Phone 7 Plus, iOS 10.1.1, 256GB)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.