Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Jun 21, 2010
It seems to be something in the BT implementation of iOS. Both my iPad and iPhone do the exact same thing on my BMW X5.

Clint1583

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2011
Here's the fix, I had the same problem with the Sync in my F150 when I bought my iphone a few months ago. Drove me crazy until I figured it out. You need to change your settings from "Line-In" to "BTST".

On your Sync system go to MEDIA, then to USER DEVICE and click on the "SOURCE" button. At that point just switch the source from "IN-LINE" to "BTST". That's it!

If you find the need to ever stream music via Blue Tooth from your iphone you will need to go back and switch the setting to "IN-LINE".

If you ever figure out how to do texting from your Sync system let me know! It use to work perfectly with my old Android phone.

djraw

macrumors newbie
Mar 25, 2013
Ford Focus 2013 with Sync - Iphone autoplaying music via bluetooth

Hi,
It seems that im having a similar issue.
I have just bought a Focus (2013) with Ford Sync, which is great, apart from EVERY time i get in the car it connects to my phone (great) but starts playing music (which i dont want it to) via bluetooth.
Even when i switch it to Radio or CD, it still plays the music on my phone.
The only way to stop it is to get in the car, let it start playing and then stop the music.
Does any one have any idea of how to stop this? I have read about turning autoplay off on the Sync system, but cant find out how to do this in the menus.

dkinal

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2013
My phone automatically connects to sync when I enter my vehicle. I am starting to notice that the bluetooth audio automatically starts playing from my phone. For some reason sync triggers the music to start playing from my phone. Has anybody experienced this problem? I normally listen to SAT radio or music from my USB flash drive. I never stream music from my phone so this is getting kind of annoying.

Thanks!

Hi Irock619. Did you ever get an answer to this that works for you? I just got a 2012 Ford Focus and I'm having exactly the same problem. It's driving me mad to stop my phone every time I get into the car.

Irock619

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 16, 2011
San Francisco, CA
Hi Irock619. Did you ever get an answer to this that works for you? I just got a 2012 Ford Focus and I'm having exactly the same problem. It's driving me mad to stop my phone every time I get into the car.

Sorry for the late response. No, I haven't found a solution for this problem. However, it hasn't happened in a while. This is random problem that decides to surface every once and a while.

dkinal

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2013
Hi Irock619 and djraw,

Thanks for your response Irock. This happens to me absolutely every time I start up my car. It's infuriating because I have to manually stop my music playing on my phone every time I want to drive somewhere. I'm tempted to just have bluetooth off on my phone and only turn it on when I want to use it but that defeats the purpose of my having chosen a car with this feature.

I've taken my car in to be serviced today from the dealership that sold it to me and the mechanic there was able to replicate the issue on his own iPhone as well as mine. Hopefully they come up with a solution. If they do, I'll share it on this thread.

dkinal

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2013
Solution Found

I spoke to the mechanic after my service and it appears that it was as simple as installing an update to the Sync software in the car. I've tried it a number of times now and it appears to be working.

plainwhitetay

macrumors regular
Dec 28, 2010
North-east, Indiana
The "problem" that is being discussed with Bluetooth audio auto-playing is "fixed" in the latest SYNC update. You can find out about it and how to do it through the website.

I say "problem" because the auto-play was a feature that I loved. I updated the system not knowing it would change this and now I have to TURN ON my Bluetooth audio every time I get in the car. TEHO. *shrug*

JoshGlzBrk

macrumors 6502a
Aug 27, 2009
Does anyone else have the issue where a song is playing with spotify, and ford sync seems to skip to the next song as if it has a mind of its own?

desmoface

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2009
Hey gang, great discussion here. I also have a 2013 f150 with sync and am seriously considering an iphone. Here's what Ford says about my truck's Sync updates:

Your SYNC is up-to-date!
Now, you’re running the fastest, simplest and best version of SYNC.

Date Confirmed:
Jun 1, 2013
Version:
Gen1 - v4.1.4.T
Hide details
DL3T-14D544-AB
This update may take up to 10 minutes to complete. About 1 minute after you begin the installation, you will hear an Installation Complete message. DO NOT REMOVE YOUR USB DRIVE OR TURN OFF YOUR VEHICLE. You must wait an additional 4-10 minutes until you receive a second Installation Complete message before removing your USB drive. During this interval, while the update is loading, SYNC will not recognize your mobile phone or media device. Be sure your vehicle engine is running (not in accessory mode) throughout the entire installation process. Although your vehicle must be in park when you initiate the installation process, once the download process has begun, you may drive your vehicle.

Anyway, I bought my truck on June 29th, so it appears I have the latest update. The last thing I want is issues if/when I get me new phone. Thanks again for the great info.

Steve

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.