Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SafariX

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2004
Does anyone know how to enable Trust Certificates on the Exchange support of Beta 3 or Beta 4? My Exchange server requires a certificate, and the option is gone since Beta 2 to accept them!

justflie

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2005
Red Sox Nation
It was time there was a new apple.com main page, that map was really getting to me.

P.S. sorry if someone already said this, i just needed to get it off my chest

Haha, ask and ye shall receive. The main page is changed for WWDC, although a small version of the map still appears at the bottom of the page. Steve can't bend THAT much to your demands... ;)

M

Mr.damien

And still no non-US developper able to purchase the Apple developer programs for iPhone. Shameful :mad:

djellison

macrumors 68020
Feb 2, 2007
Pasadena CA
For a little hobby project, the iPhone will have dominated just about every major Apple announcement for 18 months. It's getting a bit tiring to be honest.

Doug

MikeDTyke

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2005
London
For a little hobby project, the iPhone will have dominated just about every major Apple announcement for 18 months. It's getting a bit tiring to be honest.

Doug

AppleTV is the hobby project, iPhone is Apple's brave new world after Mac and iPod. You may prefer the attention to be spent elsewhere, but it ain't happenin.

Nanometer

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2008
no real mac book air shown on apple.com

today at macrumors >>Apple changed their home page today with a photo of an iPhone and MacBook Air with the title "Calling all developers", reminding visitors that early registration for the World Wide Developer's Conference ends on April 25th, 2008.<<

If you compare with real mac book air you will notice, that the pics on the main page http://www.apple.com and the real mac book air are not the same!

The cut on the frontside edge near the touch pad is missing in the pic!!!

As a result, is this a symbolic photoshoped mba or is it one other (future style mb or mbp) on the offical apple page???

:confused:

bmb012

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2006
today at macrumors >>Apple changed their home page today with a photo of an iPhone and MacBook Air with the title "Calling all developers", reminding visitors that early registration for the World Wide Developer's Conference ends on April 25th, 2008.<<

If you compare with real mac book air you will notice, that the pics on the main page http://www.apple.com and the real mac book air are not the same!

The cut on the frontside edge near the touch pad is missing in the pic!!!

As a result, is this a symbolic photoshoped mba or is it one other (future style mb or mbp) on the offical apple page???

:confused:

They're both CGI...

kornyboy

macrumors 68000
Sep 27, 2004
Knoxville, TN (USA)
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

They are really moving the SDK updates out. This is very exciting.

macintel4me

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2006
iPhone Developer Program

Anyone have any ideas what it takes to get registered into the iPhone Developer Program. I applied March 6th. This is getting ridiculous.

spazzcat

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2007
I had that issue. I had to attempt to restore down to 1.1.4 (it failed), but after that I could restore to the latest seed. Just make sure you have the new SDK installed first. I think that was my initial problem.

Did you do anything else. Right now my iPhone is an iPod Touch. It failed the first time because I didn't update the SDK, I downgraded to 1.1.4, but now when I install 2f, I just get a blank screen and nothing... Is there a way to wipe the iPhone completely???

himansk

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2006
Did you do anything else. Right now my iPhone is an iPod Touch. It failed the first time because I didn't update the SDK, I downgraded to 1.1.4, but now when I install 2f, I just get a blank screen and nothing... Is there a way to wipe the iPhone completely???

I had the exact same problem, restoring to any of the older firmwares did not allow the upgrade process to work correctly. What I did was use iTunes instead to load the new firmware, option+restore in itunes, select the new firmware, iphone upgraded fine...

DaveTaylor

macrumors 6502
Nov 6, 2007
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
I had the exact same problem, restoring to any of the older firmwares did not allow the upgrade process to work correctly. What I did was use iTunes instead to load the new firmware, option+restore in itunes, select the new firmware, iphone upgraded fine...

How does that work as the base system would be set for 1.1.4 or below, itunes wont have the access to change it to 2.0 unless it's been pwned?

spazzcat

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2007

Thanks I will try that tonight. :)

spazzcat

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2007

himansk, I couldn't wait, so I tried it now at work and it works. Thanks for your help :D

kakiser56

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2007
PA
confused

I installed the SDK, however when I attempt to load a sample project and build it, Xcode tells me: error: There is no SDK with specified name or path 'Unknown Path'

I tried re-installing, and uninstalling and then installing, but still the same thing. Not sure what I did wrong, since previous updates all worked fine.

Second question, it sounds as if people are putting the latest firmware on their real iphones. Is this possible?

spazzcat

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2007
How does that work as the base system would be set for 1.1.4 or below, itunes wont have the access to change it to 2.0 unless it's been pwned?

After the install with iTunes you still have to go into xcode and provision it before you can use the phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.