Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aditya_S

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 25, 2016
My iPhone battery was low for a few days because I was busy all the time and sometimes doing school work really late and I would fall asleep before being able to charge my phone. It would usually be at 5-20% everyday. Then this Sunday it died and it stayed that way until just now. Is this bad for the battery because I've heard it can reduce the capacity.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
It's not exactly good for it, but unless this is something that you do often and/or on a regular basis, it's not likely that it would really have much of a noticeable effect.

Reactions: Atomic Walrus

Retired Cat

macrumors 65816
Jun 12, 2013
Is there a reason you weren't able to plug the phone in between Sunday and today?

My family would be freaked out if I left my phone uncharged for days and did not return any calls or message!

Aditya_S

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 25, 2016
Is there a reason you weren't able to plug the phone in between Sunday and today?

My family would be freaked out if I left my phone uncharged for days and did not return any calls or message!
Stress from school and other things happening in my life.

Aditya_S

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 25, 2016
I don't know if this related or not, but after booting up my iPhone, I've been encountering a lot of bugs.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I don't know if this related or not, but after booting up my iPhone, I've been encountering a lot of bugs.
Bugs generally speaking don't suddenly occur from a device being off for a bit. You can restart the device to see if it helps in some way if you think you are seeing something strange. What sort of issues are you seeing?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Why does it matter why someone did or didn't do something or should or shouldn't have done something? The questions aren't about that.

Retired Cat

macrumors 65816
Jun 12, 2013
Stress from school and other things happening in my life.

School is overrated. It is important, but overrated.

The problem I have with most schools is that they convey knowledge, but don't convey the mental tools necessary to analyze information and make good decisions based on that information.

ATaleOfFiction

macrumors member
Aug 1, 2007
School is overrated. It is important, but overrated.

The problem I have with most schools is that they convey knowledge, but don't convey the mental tools necessary to analyze information and make good decisions based on that information.

Such as plugging your phone into the charger when the battery is low

Aditya_S

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 25, 2016
Bugs generally speaking don't suddenly occur from a device being off for a bit. You can restart the device to see if it helps in some way if you think you are seeing something strange. What sort of issues are you seeing?
Whenever I'm viewing a text conversation and that person sends me text, I don't see it until I hit back and then go back into the conversation. Also, it lags sometimes but it also did before this happened.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Whenever I'm viewing a text conversation and that person sends me text, I don't see it until I hit back and then go back into the conversation. Also, it lags sometimes but it also did before this happened.
Doesn't sound like that would be related to anything like this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.