Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fontanesi

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2011
Can anybody help me? i was in the bath last night and i recieved a call on my iphone and i was on it for about 10mins, when i got off the call my phone stopped working and was just displaying the apple sign, i left it on the radiator for a few hours and also put it in a bag of rice for a couple of hours aswell, can anybody help me please

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Can anybody help me? i was in the bath last night and i recieved a call on my iphone and i was on it for about 10mins, when i got off the call my phone stopped working and was just displaying the apple sign, i left it on the radiator for a few hours and also put it in a bag of rice for a couple of hours aswell, can anybody help me please

Turn it off and leave it in rice for a day or 2.
If still doesnt work bring it to Apple for a replacement.
They might charge you $200 though.

ImStrapped

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2011
Yeah, I was gonna say, try the rice trick. It seems to work everytime. Leave it off for 2 days in a bowl of rice.

Xtiiana

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2011
:confused: help.
Can someone please help me. I bought an IPhone 4. 5 months ago and somehow my Little nephew played with it and it got wet. 3 weeks after it got wet my wifi quit working, so I asked a few people that works at att store and they told me it could be a water damaged. I'm kinda debating if I should or shouldnt take my phone to apple store. Both of my sensors for water damage has alil pinkish color in it. So I'm sure as soon as the apple store people see that, they will automatically turn me down :apple: please help

bk123

macrumors member
Jul 4, 2011
:confused: help.
Can someone please help me. I bought an IPhone 4. 5 months ago and somehow my Little nephew played with it and it got wet. 3 weeks after it got wet my wifi quit working, so I asked a few people that works at att store and they told me it could be a water damaged. I'm kinda debating if I should or shouldnt take my phone to apple store. Both of my sensors for water damage has alil pinkish color in it. So I'm sure as soon as the apple store people see that, they will automatically turn me down :apple: please help

You go to the apple store for any type of iPhone issue, the first thing they do is shine there light in the water sensors....

They have a flash light around there neck, and instantly they say water damage and put it into there system.

They will say we will charge $200 to replace it, nothing around that.

if you want Im looking for iPhone 4 parts and willing to buy your water damaged iPhone :) pm me

invader75

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2010
Does anyone know if the same 'rubbing alcohol treatment' can be done by removing the casing and spraying circuitry with Isopropyl Alcohol?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.