iPhone/iPod touch SDK Programming Tutorial...please!!

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by allbrokeup, Jul 6, 2008.

1. macrumors 6502

Hello,

I was just wondering whether anyone could possibly PM me or post a quick tutorial on how to make a XIB GUI become functional with code. I am currently in the midst of trying to port my application iTerminal to the official SDK for the App Store and cannot do it, I do not understand Cocoa very well, let alone Cocoa Touch. (I am trying to port from Jiggy IDE to the Apple SDK if that is any help. :D)

Any help would be great.

P.S. If anyone would be kind enough to port it for me (to the Apple SDK) and be mentioned in the About UIAlert, I would be extremely grateful.

Thankyou

allbrokeup.

2. macrumors 603

Cromulent

Best to start with the Apple tutorials and the example code on http://developer.apple.com/ to be honest I'd work on making a desktop application and then when you have done that move over to the iPhone SDK.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the suggestion, however I have tried them and no avail. I have built dozens of Desktop Apps in the past, in AppleScript. I have tried Apple's ones and I couldn't do them.

Thanks

allbrokeup.

4. macrumors 603

Cromulent

Then you need to learn Objective-C which is the programming language you will need to know to do any iPhone programming.

This should get you going.

5. macrumors 603

Check the sticky FAQ at the top of the forum.
    It list a couple sites with tutorials, including video tutorials.

6. macrumors regular