Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wjs2

macrumors newbie
May 31, 2016
3 years later ...

Back to the thread about what we'll discuss in 2019. :D

This is 2019 answering back. My iphone 6 and HomePod only play one channel of stereo music. I have just one HomePod. The iPhone only streams one channel of sound to the CarPlay.

Maybe 10 years is too soon to expect a solution?
[doublepost=1558149389][/doublepost]
This is 2019 answering back. My iphone 6 and HomePod only play one channel of stereo music. I have just one HomePod. The iPhone only streams one channel of sound to the CarPlay.

Maybe 10 years is too soon to expect a solution?

ScottyTheMenace

macrumors member
Apr 5, 2013
How To Fix Audio from One Channel Only (e.g. left speaker only)

My iPhone 4 has an audio balance slider in Settings -> General -> Accessibility, scroll down to "Led Flash for Alerts, Mono Audio, and L - R balance".

When I applied an IOS update, I lost the right channel for music, but not phone calls... Curious place to put the audio channel balance ;-<

But all better now.

This is a really crazy and apparently long-standing bug. Nearly 7 years later this is still an issue.

I couldn't hear the left channel over Bluetooth in my car or over wired earphones. This thread was the first search result when I was trying to flag down the problem and @dave401's solution solved the problem. Thanks!

I "updated" (and with new Apple systems this is always in scare quotes) to iOS 12.3 on both my iPhone 5S and iPad 5th Generation but the problem only affected my iPhone. I even tried to find fader controls in Settings and the Music app but couldn't find it anywhere. As you say, bizarre place to put fader controls. And a very bizarre bug.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.