Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Benji222

macrumors 65816
Dec 21, 2009
So Cal
It's up now on Cydia (ModMyi repo), it's a new package called NoAccessorySplash iOS4 so you won't get any update notification in Cydia if you have the old 3.0 version installed. It should automatically remove the old 3.0 version upon installation.
There is now an SBSettings toggle included in the package as there have been a few requests for that ;)

Please let me know how you all get on :)

Very nice! I will look into this for my brothers car.
You sir are awesome.

chp1990

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2010
California
It's up now on Cydia (ModMyi repo), it's a new package called NoAccessorySplash iOS4 so you won't get any update notification in Cydia if you have the old 3.0 version installed. It should automatically remove the old 3.0 version upon installation.
There is now an SBSettings toggle included in the package as there have been a few requests for that ;)

Please let me know how you all get on :)

Installed and it appears to work. Fantastic!

Donation sent via the donate link in Cydia.

Minor thing: it looks like the new music controls (bring up task switcher then swipe right) are disabled, anyway to address that?

JackNorris

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2009
Installed and it appears to work. Fantastic!

Donation sent via the donate link in Cydia.

Minor thing: it looks like the new music controls (bring up task switcher then swipe right) are disabled, anyway to address that?

Thank you very much :)

I had totally forgotten about the new controls, leave it with me and I will have a play and see what can be done.

aurelmarius

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2010
MobileMusicPlayer Patch

Good Job JackNorris !

I modified MobileMusicPlayer to remove the accessory atached message on ios4, because i hate using to many mobilesubstrate addons.

The modified file is here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?yhzmymmykzy

How to:

1. Install Aptitude from Cydia.
2. SSH to your phone and replace the MobileMusicPlayer from /Applications/MobileMusicPlayer.app with the file downloaded. (don't forget to make a backup)
3. chmod 775 MobileMusicPlayer
3. run aptitude install ldid
4. now run: ldid -s /Applications/MobileMusicPlayer.app/MobileMusicPlayer

Respring and run iPod app.

JackNorris

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2009
Good Job JackNorris !

I modified MobileMusicPlayer to remove the accessory atached message on ios4, because i hate using to many mobilesubstrate addons.

The modified file is here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?yhzmymmykzy

How to:

1. Install Aptitude from Cydia.
2. SSH to your phone and replace the MobileMusicPlayer from /Applications/MobileMusicPlayer.app with the file downloaded. (don't forget to make a backup)
3. chmod 775 MobileMusicPlayer
3. run aptitude install ldid
4. now run: ldid -s /Applications/MobileMusicPlayer.app/MobileMusicPlayer

Respring and run iPod app.

Fair enough :)
I wouldn't really be too worried about having NoAccessorySplash loaded though, it only really patches the memory. There is basically a single line of code executed once when the splash screen should show.

tsunami643

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2010
I just registered to say thank you JackNorris. I didn't even know this packaged existed and I've been living with fumbling around my library whenever my iPod is connected to my car's sony head unit for nearly two years. Thanks so much for this. For some reason my head unit loses complete control as far as skipping songs goes if I have NoAccessory enabled, but that's a minor loss.

JackNorris

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2009

New version on Cydia now that has fixed that issue :)
Now also automatically blocks the "This accessory is not optimised for this iPhone" popup aswell.

kalafalas

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2008
California
New version on Cydia now that has fixed that issue :)
Now also automatically blocks the "This accessory is not optimised for this iPhone" popup aswell.

It doesn't block the pop-up for me :( i haven't had a chance to try it out on a car yet, seeing as i dont have one right now, but i will report back when i see what it does

I'm on 4.0.1 on a iPhone 4 jailbroken with jailbreakme.com

OneyOzFest182

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2008
It doesn't block the pop-up for me :( i haven't had a chance to try it out on a car yet, seeing as i dont have one right now, but i will report back when i see what it does

Same here, but I was also on a 4.0 PwnageTool 3G and that didn't block the pop-up either.

ElBrooklyn

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2008
NoAccessorySplash works for me!

Awesome tweak. Thanks for keeping it updated. Will PP a little taste for making life soooo much easier (and better).

I'm using it on a freshly jailbroken 3GS with 4.01. 2003 VW Passat with double-din Monsoon and (god-awful) VW-branded iPod cable.

Fofer

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2002
Same here, but I was also on a 4.0 PwnageTool 3G and that didn't block the pop-up either.

Just wanted to chime in, now that I am (finally!) back on a jailbroken iPhone, this time an iPhone 4 running iOS 4.0.1. First thing I installed was NoAccessorySplash. :) I really love it, makes my iPhone so much more usable in the car; now I can enjoy full and easy iPod control. THANK YOU, JackNorris!

But, wanted to mention, it's not blocking the pop-up for me either. It says "This accessory is not optimized for this iPhone." I guess I can reinstall Popup Blocker (this wiki states it's compatible,) but was hoping to minimize my add-ons (and this is the only popup I'm seeing that I'd like to block, anyway.) Hoping this can get addressed in another update?

JackNorris

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2009
I'll look into the popup issue shortly :)

Would the people experiencing issues please post a screenshot of the popup screen?

Fofer

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2002
I'll look into the popup issue shortly :)

Would the people experiencing issues please post a screenshot of the popup screen?

19725379.jpg

I am currently blocking it instead with (the trial version of) Popup Blocker instead.

JackNorris

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2009
I have submitted an update to the ModMyi repo, should fix the issues regarding the popup message ;) It's still in their queue at the moment but will hopefully approved shortly.

mct74

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2008
Thanks for much for the update! I will have to go check it out. I just LOVE having control of my iPod in my MINI Cooper again.

By the way, is there a way to allow songs in your music library to play when searched from Spotlight or Voice Control when the iPhone is connected to the vehicle dock? I find myself trying to use Voice Control to play songs while driving but for some reason when the iPhone is connected to the car, the songs refuse to play when initiated from Spotlight or Voice Control.

Awesome job so far, even if this can't be added! Thank you!

JackNorris

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2009
There appears to be a bug in version 1.2-2 that was just released that can cause SpringBoard to crash.

I would avoid updating to that version and instead wait for version 1.3-1 which has been submitted to modmyi and is currently waiting approval.

chargerfan

macrumors member
Aug 10, 2010
There appears to be a bug in version 1.2-2 that was just released that can cause SpringBoard to crash.

I would avoid updating to that version and instead wait for version 1.3-1 which has been submitted to modmyi and is currently waiting approval.
Yeah, it is causing springboard to crash. I just did a full recovery and it was the fifth package I installed. After rebooting, SB crashed.

I couldn't figure it out at first, but I wanted to recover anyway to fix the passlock glitch.

On a side note, I couldn't get my ip4 to work with my Pioneer headunit.

lansa

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2010

Any idea when 1.3-1 is available?

lansa

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2010
Thanks so much for making this app. I've been looking for a solution to this problem ever since I got my first iphone 2 years ago. I can finally plug it in to my Audi and no annoying warning screen pops up, and I can actually use the ipod ON the phone while plugged in......amazing!

gambitmillenium

macrumors newbie
Aug 21, 2010
this accessory isnt optimized for this iphone

I already updated to the last version of "no accessory splash" and I still having the pop up "this accessory isnt optimized for this iphone" on my iphone 4. The message come out without connect nothing

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.