Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
Personally, I think that's great.

The stronger the competition, the faster Apple has to move.

I have no particular desire to move to another brand of phone, but if I get more features in future model iPhones because of them, ... :D

brokenbuyer

macrumors regular
May 7, 2011
Why should this matter?
Honestly, as long as it has Facebook and Instagram, the teen will survive.

acorntoy

macrumors 68010
May 25, 2010
And yet everybody at my High School is still trying to get rid of their droids as soon as possible and get iphones.....

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
LOL.

Coincidentally yesterday I saw an old geezer, I mean this guy looked like a paycheck shy of being homeless. He had an iPhone! in a case that's in tatters, but he had an ^#$%& iPhone! Totally uncool.

Blakjack

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2009
It's these darn big a** android phones man. All Apple has to do is make a big a** phone and no one will buy an android ever again. It's really that simple.

iHailCarlo

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2012
I love my iPhone 5, why? Because its what works best for me considering everything in the house is an Apple Product. What other people use suits their needs not mine.

Cancelled
Jun 21, 2010
I doubt it. The iPhone is still the "it" phone around here. Every teenager around in Boston pretty much has an iPhone. If they want to be diff't, it's an S3.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
Tween trends come in waves that rarely last more than a few years.

iPods, Abercombie, I could go on for hours ...

rans0m00

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2010
Seeing more and more androids and less Iphones. Still seeing mostly ipads if its a tablet though. Everything has to evolve including apple... When i pick up an iphone 5 and the ui seems the same as my old iphone 4...yeah it doesn't really make me want to go spend money on it. Give me new... Give me choices... Don't give me the same thing wrapped in a prettier package. And since the phone goes in a case.... Yeah it looks the same on the outside too. So if I bought an iphone 5 I would have walked away feeling like I bought a faster version of my iphone 4.

lunaoso

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2012
Boston, MA
Tween trends come in waves that rarely last more than a few years.

iPods, Abercombie, I could go on for hours ...

*cough* Silly Bands *cough* :D Anyway, I don't really agree with this article at all. iPhones are still a huge status symbol at my high school. I wish kids would just buy the best phone for them and actually do some research. Maybe I'm just a crazy teen who doesn't just follow trends and doesn't act like an idiot all the time.. Who knows. ;)

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Oct 25, 2009
"67% of affluent teens still say they intend to purchase an iPhone as their next upgrade"
Yes, clearly Apple has lost their edge.

Seriously, what the hell kind of crap reporting is this Forbes?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.